Cracked Screen on delivery
Mine arrived DOA (screen and digitizer cracked in half) and they offered a replacement, but did not offer to cover the return shipment cost (which is higher, where I am, than the cost of buying the device again). So it's just sitting here until I figure out something to do with it or throw it away.
File complaint with payment provider. We gotta get them to do a better job with shipping damage
If it's shipping damage, file a claim with the shipper.
(11-13-2020, 06:58 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: If it's shipping damage, file a claim with the shipper.

It does sound good. Many will claim "not packaged properly."

Then what?
Then you inquire with Pine64.

You only issue a chargeback when the situation is unresolvable.

Too many people rush to issue a chargeback. We're approaching a point where companies would rather lease products than sell them due to these kinds of things.
(11-13-2020, 09:33 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: Then you inquire with Pine64.

Too many people rush to issue a chargeback.  We're approaching a point where companies would rather lease products than sell them due to these kinds of things.

Well, the cost of shipping it back should not cost more than the price you paid for it.
They should work something better out. I understand those in the USA return their broken products to an address out in California. It's rather cheap to do that.
(11-13-2020, 10:39 PM)KNERD Wrote:

Too many people rush to issue a chargeback.  We're approaching a point where companies would rather lease products than sell them due to these kinds of things.

Well, the cost of shipping it back should not cost more than the price you paid for it.
They should work something better out. I understand those in the USA return their broken products to an address out in California. It's rather cheap to do that.

I'm in the USA. Pine64 support required me to send it back to the manufacturer in HK.

EDIT: I wanted to add that the first thing that happened was Pine64 and I initiated an "investigation" with the shipping company, each of us from either end point.
(11-14-2020, 12:52 AM)stemplet Wrote:
(11-13-2020, 10:39 PM)KNERD Wrote:

I'm in the USA. Pine64 support required me to send it back to the manufacturer in HK.

EDIT: I wanted to add that the first thing that happened was Pine64 and I initiated an "investigation" with the shipping company, each of us from either end point.
 Yeah, that is crazy. Some others mentioned they sent their phones to a place I think in San Mateo, CA. They already have some special shipping arrangement set up, but the buyer does not. Thus is costs nearly as much, or more than the purchase price to send it back.

Unless they can come up with a better arrangement, I will be delaying future purchases.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink Screen protector for PineTab 2 vatin 0 457 11-18-2023, 01:31 AM
Last Post: vatin
  Pinetab2 screen issue. screen does not power on at all bluemage 5 1,166 09-25-2023, 08:29 PM
Last Post: bluemage
  PineTab 2 Dead Screen Kramey 16 4,355 08-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Kramey
  Compatible screen replacement TomasM 3 3,544 09-26-2021, 01:11 AM
Last Post: CharlieGordon