Arch Linux ARM on PineTab 1
Has anyone been using this image lately?   I found it to work rather well until about a month ago.   I noticed some apps became unusable ( like AisleRiot ), with the user interface berry laggy.

I have really enjoyed the image otherwise.   I've been running it from an SD card so far.  I would like to put it on the internal MMC, so if anyone has a good idea of how to install it to MMC, pointers would be welcome.
(02-19-2021, 06:41 PM)karlyn Wrote: I would like to put it on the internal MMC, so if anyone has a good idea of how to install it to MMC, pointers would be welcome.

You can use Jumpdrive (https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Jumpdrive) to flash the image to the eMMC (same procedure as the PinePhone).

Flash Jumpdrive to a µSD card, boot the PineTab (the screen might stay black but with the backlight turned on) and then plug it to your computer using a micro-usb cable. The internal eMMC storage should be detected as a flashdrive. You can then flash your image on the eMMC like if it was a µSD card.

Once you're done, disconnect everything, turn off the tablet, remove the µSD and reboot.

The OS should feel more responsive once running on the faster eMMC storage.
(02-19-2021, 06:41 PM)karlyn Wrote: Has anyone been using this image lately?   I found it to work rather well until about a month ago.   I noticed some apps became unusable ( like AisleRiot ), with the user interface berry laggy.

I have really enjoyed the image otherwise.   I've been running it from an SD card so far.  I would like to put it on the internal MMC, so if anyone has a good idea of how to install it to MMC, pointers would be welcome.

There is a great script out since the last reply for flashing DanctNIX Arch now with full disk encryption.

I'm sure you figured this out by now, but in case anyone else is reading/wanting to know I did a howto/demo for this process including breaking down Jumpdrive process here:
https://youtu.be/ii_hZlAnCXM

Script download here: https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/ar...-installer

At the end I add Blackarch repositories: that part is optional for adding sdr/pentest tools (it is ready to use before this).

I find the performance good. Smile
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

(09-13-2020, 09:40 AM)Danct12 Wrote: Arch Linux ARM (20200913):
  • First image release for the PineTab Early Adopter devices!
  • Audio support for PineTab
  • Fixed camera on PineTab
  • Calls now inhibit suspend (no more unintended suspend while talking!)
  • Callback button has been added, now missed calls can be called through notifications.
  • Fixed Wi-Fi hotspot
  • Haptic feedback for keyboard

https://github.com/dreemurrs-embedded/Pi...g/20200913

I would like to ask about audio support. Does it enable viewing videos mp4 files, with audio in them? For example university lectures.
It seems that package linux-pinetab2-headers doesn't include headers. Only /usr/lib/modules .
@zqq  and @BlueGalaxy , this thread is about the regular PinePhone. For bugs and feature requests please open a bug report and for questions please open a separate thread or ask in the community chat (preferred for short and easy questions).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab 2 login screen rotation fix chzbacon 11 3,595 03-17-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mtomaschett
  NixOS on PineTab 2 asonix 3 1,900 02-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Evergreen
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 631 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Arch Linux (danctnix) virtual keyboard layout change cudo 0 604 09-27-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: cudo
  Pinetab 2 as Pinebook Pro replacement Corkonian 4 2,042 08-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: CadenAnderson
  Software for PineTab-V msm 12 4,263 08-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: bingch
  PineTab 2 Login Failure cptijerina 0 654 06-07-2023, 07:16 PM
Last Post: cptijerina
Video Does DactNix Arch Linux support my use case? BlueGalaxy 22 5,636 05-18-2023, 03:45 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  PineTab Mobian bcnaz 150 143,935 04-26-2022, 11:58 AM
Last Post: thomzane
  Xmonad on PineTab Telefza 0 1,778 06-24-2021, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Telefza