UPDATED (June 2021): 17-distro multi-boot image for Pinephone (incl. 3GiB variant)
Thanks Megi. Right now I start to download it.  Wink
WOW, that's a great news!!! I'm going to download it right now!! Thanks!
Hello I made it to this step in the instructions

sudo echo ", +" | sfdisk -n -N 2 /dev/sdb2
sfdisk: cannot open /dev/sdb2: Permission denied

And when I try the next command I get

sudo echo ", +" | sfdisk -N 2 /dev/sdb2

Suggestions?

Thanks
I can't get sound playback in UBports. I can get sound in Manjaro and Mobian once I change setting from Analog to speaker. Any idea as how to do the same in UBPorts?
(11-28-2020, 07:42 PM)K_Research Wrote: Hello I made it to this step in the instructions

sudo echo ", +" | sfdisk -n -N 2 /dev/sdb2

And when I try the next command I get

sudo echo ", +" | sfdisk -N 2 /dev/sdb2

Suggestions?

Thanks
Where did that command come from? The elevated permissions from sudo only apply as far as the pipe '|' so sfdisk runs as the normal user, hence the permission denied. If you remove the first sudo, and insert one between the pipe and sfdisk, you'll probably get what was intended. As always when using sudo, make sure you know exactly what it's doing before running it!

UPDATE: It looks like you were trying to follow https://xnux.eu/log/#toc-resizing-the-pa...-the-image but using sudo, and changing the block device. I think you should be using /dev/sdb not /dev/sdb2 - the whole device not the second partition on that device.
(11-23-2020, 03:36 PM)megous Wrote: New version is now available. https://xnux.eu/p-boot-demo/

Thanks a lot! Smile

I followed the steps to resize the partition and noticed that the last two steps only work in reverse order, i.e.
Code:
df -h
only works before unmounting the partition.
Hey guys, I am trying to resize the partition to the max of the SDcard filesystem from the Pinephone, but for some reasons I can't find the command btrfs, I've tried with apt but it doesn't find the package. Which is really weird, because it should be a base command of Linux. I am probably missing something, any idea?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pinephone Braveheart
Pinephone Manjaro CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Mobian CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition
(11-30-2020, 07:14 PM)deedend Wrote: Hey guys, I am trying to resize the partition to the max of the SDcard filesystem from the Pinephone, but for some reasons I can't find the command btrfs, I've tried with apt but it doesn't find the package. Which is really weird, because it should be a base command of Linux. I am probably missing something, any idea?
Did you try searching for the correct package name?
Code:
apt-cache search btrfs
I think the one you want is btrfs-progs
(12-01-2020, 10:03 AM)wibble Wrote: Did you try searching for the correct package name?
Code:
apt-cache search btrfs
I think the one you want is btrfs-progs

Shame on me, I searched for btrfs-filesystem (I saw that in the 8 man page of the debian btrfs page, and I assumed that was it). Now I have managed to fix the issue, thanks!
Pinephone Braveheart
Pinephone Manjaro CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Mobian CE 3/32Gb
Pinephone Pro Explorer Edition
(11-29-2020, 04:25 AM)neil_swann80 Wrote: I can't get sound playback in UBports.  I can get sound in Manjaro and Mobian once I change setting from Analog to speaker.  Any idea as how to do the same in UBPorts?
I tried porting the UCM profile in UBports to the latest kernel (without testing), but maybe it's somehow still not working. You can either debug the UCM profile, or wait until ubports moves from Linux 5.6 to Linux 5.10.
my website: https://xnux.eu

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 299 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,085 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,523 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 459 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,937 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 381 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,479 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,600 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,667 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 992 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma