PinePhone 1.2/CE USB-C fix workshops
Question 
Greetings,

Any word of progress on the fulfilment centres for the PinePhone CE USB3 OTG fix? I recall it was mentioned in the July update.

I'm in the UK, I'd be willing to pay a small fee to have this fixed. Really hoping to try some USB devices with the PP but don't want to risk burning the motherboard. It's best done by someone with knowledge and proper equipment. It pains me to admit, but that person isn't me Rolleyes

Regards,
R.T.G.
there will be no peace when they release the geese

my homepage
IF ... the shop/labor costs can somehow be minimized, the last "computer repair shop' I visited 

in person,   it was $75. USD to just bring your computer in,  and set it down on their counter.

Then you must add Labor & Parts plus now "environmental" surcharges and then taxes.

Perhaps 'mail-in' centers could be an answer, then a few dozen repair centers around the
globe could do the service at a reasonable price.
(09-05-2020, 10:53 AM)ReleaseTheGeese Wrote: Greetings,

Any word of progress on the fulfilment centres for the PinePhone CE USB3 OTG fix? I recall it was mentioned in the July update.

I'm in the UK, I'd be willing to pay a small fee to have this fixed. Really hoping to try some USB devices with the PP but don't want to risk burning the motherboard. It's best done by someone with knowledge and proper equipment. It pains me to admit, but that person isn't me Rolleyes

Regards,
R.T.G.

Hi,

Which city are you from? I may be able to help

PM
(09-05-2020, 10:53 AM)ReleaseTheGeese Wrote: Greetings,

Regards,
R.T.G.

Have you considered going to a fablab?
www.fabfoundationuk.org
I have only been to a couple of them in Germany, but there are some very knowledgeable people willing to help. They do a repair cafe once a month (at least in Nürnberg/Fürth).
(09-08-2020, 10:27 AM)fernando_c_m Wrote: Have you considered going to a fablab?
www.fabfoundationuk.org
I have only been to a couple of them in Germany, but there are some very knowledgeable people willing to help. They do a repair cafe once a month (at least in Nürnberg/Fürth).

I'm glad there are still hardware tinkerers; these are a brilliant idea. If there will be no official PinePhone scheme, I'll keep on the lookout for one.
there will be no peace when they release the geese

my homepage

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  my pinephone melted norayr 6 727 04-04-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
  Pinephone refusing to charge while suspended tiol 1 1,029 04-02-2024, 10:54 AM
Last Post: joH_N_Doe64
  various tricks to open the pinephone shengchieh 2 646 03-23-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: Ferriah
  pinephone can provide more than 500mA to a usb-c displayport device? unrznbl 2 267 03-21-2024, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unrznbl
  pinephone keyboard + dock question tuxcall 7 2,655 02-05-2024, 03:17 PM
Last Post: wigan
  Unsatisfactory GPS reception on PinePhone? LinAdmin2 53 54,995 12-17-2023, 11:42 AM
Last Post: robin.com.au
  PinePhone Pro not booting (Cap error!, pctl timeout) jealda 2 1,331 11-16-2023, 05:03 AM
Last Post: DrYak
  Pinephone frame damages Uturn 2 915 10-23-2023, 02:49 AM
Last Post: Uturn
  PinePhone Keyboard KJ6OHG 11 7,902 08-23-2023, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Kali
  PinePhone constantly vibrating and won't take charge ImmyChan 5 5,352 07-23-2023, 03:49 PM
Last Post: kb-zealot