[Release] Fedora 32 Workstation, KDE, Xfce, and Cinnamon Images
This is awesome thx! I had Fedora running on an SD card already but now I see the hot keys are working, I have been waiting for Fedora to fully support the PBP, I'm just trying to work out which DE I find works best. How did you 'dd' the image to the eMMC? I didn't think you could 'dd' it from a running system? (either on the eMMC or the SD card?)
Some great work here, and thanks for it.  My favorite distros are Arch and Fedora.  But my favorite DE is LXQt, or even just a WM like Openbox. 
Just to see how it would go I tried the Fedora Xfce image to a microSD and it works great.  So now what I'd like to do is get an LXQt version up and running.  I'm a minimalist, as you can probably guess, so I don't want any other DEs or their dependencies installed. 
Could I start from the Fedora Workstation image and go from there?  Would that give me what I want?  What would I have to do?
Thanks
Kendew
Thanks for the images, they are really running smooth on the pbp.
I switched from manjaro and tested the images on SD and EMMC.
Now I enjoy running fedora on my pbp with /root moved to NVME.
The only issue I have is tracker-miners crashing on copying files from my old distro to fedora /home.
Solved it for now by disabling trackers.
Hi,

I am a new piner and very excited about using fedora on pinebook pro. I was wondering if there is any plans on preparing a fedora with LXQT? I know fedora has an lxqt spin which seems nice and I thought it could be a good alternative to the fedora Xfce.

Best,
Thank you so much for this! I can't express how happy I am. I installed the workstation. The graphical setup went off without a hitch after I managed to get it installed to the emmc. And, of course, just as soon as I discovered it they released Fedora 33 lol. I got to spend 3 whole days with 32 and was blown away with that. Now, with Fedora 33 Workstation, it feels snappier and system resources seem to be down.

I can finally stop distro hopping now and use my Pinebook Pro as my daily driver.

First time Fedora user.
I guess there are no Fedora 33 images yet. Upokupo, was it a smooth upgrade? Did you just follow the usual Fedora instructions?
Would love to see a Fedora 33 LXQt image for PBP.
(10-27-2020, 09:08 PM)kendew Wrote: I guess there are no Fedora 33 images yet. Upokupo, was it a smooth upgrade? Did you just follow the usual Fedora instructions?
Would love to see a Fedora 33 LXQt image for PBP.

Yes, i followed the usual Fedora instructions. I did notice that suspend on ghome freezes the system and needs to be shutdown and rebooted. I'll have to look around and see if there is a fix. Installing LXQT should be pretty easy. After I installed the workstation, I found out that they have deepin compiled for aarch64. I installed it no problems and it runs really well.

If you are not interested in taking the time to jump through the hoops to test it out yourself, I can install LXQT on mine to see how it goes and what it's like and report back. I have an sd card set up for testing purposes.
I upgraded to Fedora 33  following Fedora's Fedora's documentation without any problems, all very smooth.  But I notice some curious shutdown and startup behavior and wonder if anyone else has encountered this. 
With Fedora 32, when I started Fedora via the power on key, I noticed a power on light (at top left) was red, and after a few seconds turned to green, afterwhich Fedora boot to the login screen.  Curious, as I hadn't noticed it with the original Manjaro installation, but not really a problem.
After upgrading, however, Fedora wouldn't completely shut down.  Instead of the power light going off, it would blink red even after the shutdown sequence had completed..  After today's Fedora updates, this behavior changed.  Shutdown was smooth, light turning right off as expected, but on pressing the power button, the light would blink red with no booting.  Holding down the power button until the blinking stopped, releasing the button and then once again pressing it, the system would boot as expected. 
Any ideas?
(09-05-2020, 09:18 AM)wideawake Wrote: New Features/Fixes
  • Custom kernel packaging more closely resembles the official Fedora kernel packages
  • Several new desktop environments
Any chance of publishing the src.rpm packages (or at least spec+patches/sources) for the kernel, ap6256-firmware packages?
Why is the pinebook-pro-fixes package necessary?
Just wanted to say a quick thanks for the Fedora Cinnamon option.

The latest manjaro update messed up my boot so I tried fedora off SD before flashing the emmc.

Enjoyed the experience so much that I went with Fedora as my main. This also fixed my intermittent boot issue somehow

Its not that manjaro KDE was bad, its just that Fedora is better for me.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fedora 37 installation gswatkins 16 5,846 03-16-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: michel_luc
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 88,053 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Fedora 36 -> 37 upgrade kills system tydeman 0 438 10-28-2023, 09:53 AM
Last Post: tydeman
  Upgrade Fedora from 37 to 38? acruhl 2 889 07-12-2023, 09:31 PM
Last Post: acruhl
  Armbian 22.02 release announcement TRS-80 22 13,734 04-01-2023, 03:19 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  newer ""emmc-installer" images (manjaro xfce) magistral 1 1,085 10-10-2022, 06:22 AM
Last Post: maxjrh
  Fedora Workstation (36) on Pinebook Pro u974615 13 7,181 09-02-2022, 11:24 AM
Last Post: u974615
  No audio on Pinebook Pro with Fedora? foobar 1 1,388 08-22-2022, 12:12 PM
Last Post: snorwood
  OpenSUSE with XFCE/ GNOME3 now available Luke 35 53,721 01-10-2022, 01:06 PM
Last Post: werwolf
  Fedora 33 to 34 upgrade issues tydeman 2 2,445 12-02-2021, 02:43 AM
Last Post: linuxfreund