call audio
Definitely sounds like software given you have tested every possible scenario and the results are all over and not predictable.

Possible an issue with pulse/alsa and hot plug detection.

Very weird.
(09-09-2020, 05:09 AM)SwordfishII Wrote: Definitely sounds like software given you have tested every possible scenario and the results are all over and not predictable.

Possible an issue with pulse/alsa and hot plug detection.

Very weird.

Brain hurts. Very strange behavior that mine is doing. I think I will reimage the phone and go from there, atleast then I can be sure then what's running on it.

A definite win that it's making calls now.  Should probably just accept that it seems to be working right at this moment and be thankful enough for that ;-)  Maybe this discussion will help some with a similar issue in future..

TLDR:

Plug unplug the headphone lots of times, switch your UART on/off a bunch of times.. reboot, update, reboot, repeat. It'll probably work.  ;-D
OK, so just to update future readers of the thread..  I had an up to date PMOS on my handset until today still with call audio issues (low volume, robot voice, cant understand - all sporadic, and recurring.  yes flicking switches like a wildman sometimes solved it. however ..)

I put Mobian on the phone a day or two ago and been testing.. Call audio worked right away and after apt-get update and dist-uprade and most of the other stuff works as well such as bluetooth (not mic) and power saving.  Works like a regular phone handset now which is a relief..

It really must be drivers/config issues with PMOS.

Not to take anything away from PMOS but if you are suffering with a handset that doesnt make calls try Mobian until PMOS gets a bit further along..
(11-18-2020, 12:42 AM)Xerxes 8933A/A Wrote: OK, so just to update future readers of the thread..  I had an up to date PMOS on my handset until today still with call audio issues (low volume, robot voice, cant understand - all sporadic, and recurring.  yes flicking switches like a wildman sometimes solved it. however ..)

I put Mobian on the phone a day or two ago and been testing.. Call audio worked right away and after apt-get update and dist-uprade and most of the other stuff works as well such as bluetooth (not mic) and power saving.  Works like a regular phone handset now which is a relief..

It really must be drivers/config issues with PMOS.

Not to take anything away from PMOS but if you are suffering with a handset that doesnt make calls try Mobian until PMOS gets a bit further along..

Calls with UBports is workign out fine. Though I don't like how they are taking projects from Android and putting them on there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plasma mobile latest stable @pp1.2b voice calling audio issue n05ph3r42 3 683 10-03-2023, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  installed postmarketos v23.06 no audio samlo 1 702 07-14-2023, 12:53 AM
Last Post: samlo
  pmos/phosh edge update and audio disappears robthebold 9 5,236 07-10-2022, 03:26 AM
Last Post: arkadione
  headset audio left <-> right desca 3 4,267 09-17-2020, 02:59 PM
Last Post: desca
Question Can't figure out audio routing for modem strake 4 6,350 05-22-2020, 04:46 AM
Last Post: nieral
Big Grin Standing on the shoulders of giants - my first Pine call dukla2000 3 4,275 02-19-2020, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Luke