GPU support?
(05-23-2016, 06:33 AM)adamw Wrote: I'm using longsleep's latest kernel (as of 5/22), and wondering how I can check if SDL and/or SFML are using the GPU.
I'm drawing three 300x300 sprites, and rotating 2 of them.

Most probably SDL/SFML aren't built with OpenGLES (not OpenGL) support so no GPU acceleration anyway. But since you're happy being told you have to wait for some mythical binaries for 2D support it's useless to proceed.
(05-24-2016, 07:25 AM)tkaiser Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 06:33 AM)adamw Wrote: I'm using longsleep's latest kernel (as of 5/22), and wondering how I can check if SDL and/or SFML are using the GPU.
I'm drawing three 300x300 sprites, and rotating 2 of them.

Most probably SDL/SFML aren't built with OpenGLES (not OpenGL) support so no GPU acceleration anyway. But since you're happy being told you have to wait for some mythical binaries for 2D support it's useless to proceed.

Meh...I've got a few weeks to spare.
As I mentioned, I've got a lot of other development to do in the meantime.
If nothing materializes, I'll get a Pi 3 and move on down the road...nothing lost.

A quick Google search would show that both SDL and SFML use GPU acceleration.
I was reading about Allwinners GPL violations and I got to say it more than worried me that they are not putting out there code. I don't know any of the specifics and I hope they will release there code like they are supposed to so that pine can grow as it's namesake and becomes a stout board for makers well into the future!  Hopefully they get there binaries out and hopefully they comply with the GPL so that no fallout from legal issues rains down on our seedling SBC!!!

http://linux-sunxi.org/GPL_Violations
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~
(05-27-2016, 03:04 AM)MrWizerd Wrote: I was reading about Allwinners GPL violations and I got to say it more than worried me that they are not putting out there code. I don't know any of the specifics and I hope they will release there code like they are supposed to so that pine can grow as it's namesake and becomes a stout board for makers well into the future!  Hopefully they get there binaries out and hopefully they comply with the GPL so that no fallout from legal issues rains down on our seedling SBC!!!

Allwinner indicated they will release the A64 GPL compliance code release at their Github site on end of June. Some people has their doubt and lets wait and see. I keep my finger cross.
(05-27-2016, 10:36 AM)tllim Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 03:04 AM)MrWizerd Wrote: I was reading about Allwinners GPL violations and I got to say it more than worried me that they are not putting out there code. I don't know any of the specifics and I hope they will release there code like they are supposed to so that pine can grow as it's namesake and becomes a stout board for makers well into the future!  Hopefully they get there binaries out and hopefully they comply with the GPL so that no fallout from legal issues rains down on our seedling SBC!!!

Allwinner indicated they will release the A64 GPL compliance code release at their Github site on end of June. Some people has their doubt and lets wait and see. I keep my finger cross.

That is good, like I said I want pine to grow strong.  As for the graphics binaries, I can't wait for it all to be functional.  I don't do much with the graphics yet but hope too in the future.  I love my pine, it is a great little board for all the different things I have tested with it.  I am still learning how to access I2C from Ubuntu but I am getting there.  I know some of my games have trouble without the graphics support so... Keep up all the good work!
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~
(05-27-2016, 02:44 PM)MrWizerd Wrote:
(05-27-2016, 10:36 AM)tllim Wrote:

That is good, like I said I want pine to grow strong.  As for the graphics binaries, I can't wait for it all to be functional.  I don't do much with the graphics yet but hope too in the future.  I love my pine, it is a great little board for all the different things I have tested with it.  I am still learning how to access I2C from Ubuntu but I am getting there.  I know some of my games have trouble without the graphics support so... Keep up all the good work!

Let me know if you need any help with I2C.
It's working great for me, and I'm no rocket scientist.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ubuntu Xenial - Firefox add support for H264 and EAC3 klode 1 4,700 05-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Gnx
  How to add support to strongSwan IPsec kingsing2 6 9,113 05-18-2017, 11:27 AM
Last Post: kingsing2