cellular connection: status and technical information?
Hi all,

on my pinephone a data connection was successfully established. However, in my area there are bad LTE reception conditions. It would be interesting to check what the hardware gets out of the poor conditions.
Therefore: Does anyone know a tool to collect (more or less) detailed information about the current connection? Is mmcli usable for UT (I found some discouraging posts regarding this topic - and before I misconfigure/"destroy" the system.....)

Hints would be great!
Thanks a million!
Best
Mat
If you have an SD card you can try any of dozens distributions Smile
And NO mmcli cannot "destroy" anything. I'm using it daily. Still working Smile
You better use scripts to start the modem. And when it is up mmcli works perfect and provides tonns of information about protocol, bearer, tower, etc.
For terminal way I would recommend SXMO.
Good luck Wink
(09-02-2020, 10:33 AM)Dmytro Wrote: If you have an SD card you can try any of dozens distributions Smile
And NO mmcli cannot "destroy" anything. I'm using it daily. Still working Smile
You better use scripts to start the modem. And when it is up mmcli works perfect and provides tonns of information about protocol, bearer, tower, etc.
For terminal way I would recommend SXMO.
Good luck Wink
Great! Thanks.
It's good to hear that mmcli can be installed without messing things up. Yes, it's perfect, I know it from Ubuntu desktop.
And you're absolutely right, I should give other distributions a try Smile
Best
Mat

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Connection refused Athansor 0 1,688 07-24-2020, 07:45 AM
Last Post: Athansor
  AT&T Cellular Data Athansor 8 9,734 07-23-2020, 08:03 AM
Last Post: Athansor
  Cellular switch (sw1) causes wifi to stop working blihp 4 6,056 07-21-2020, 10:30 PM
Last Post: blihp
Bug Cellular Data vicky 4 5,798 07-01-2020, 04:06 AM
Last Post: fernando_c_m
  Connection untrusted error Awesomesauce71 0 1,774 06-17-2020, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Awesomesauce71