Online account (google) not working
Brand new install/setup, attempting to create, and log into my gmail account, by doing the following

Settings → Online Accounts → google

brings up a requester that states;
   sign in with google.
Also says
   sign in to continue to gnome

I attempt to use my google account info, keep getting;
   something went wrong

Why is my gmail/google account info not working?

Why would I need an account on gnome to get to my gmail account?
I had issues on one of the main mail clients. Google would not let me login to my email from the Pinephone. Said something like "unsafe device".
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

(09-02-2020, 09:23 AM)RodMyers Wrote: The same here.
Anyone has the same problem?
Regards.

Brand new install/setup, attempting to create, and log into my gmail account, by doing the following

Settings → Online Accounts → google

brings up a requester that states;
   sign in with google.
Also says
   sign in to continue to gnome

I attempt to use my google account info, keep getting;
   something went wrong

Why is my gmail/google account info not working?

Why would I need an account on gnome to get to my gmail account?
You might get weird problems logging in if the MTU on your network interface is still 1500.
(09-17-2020, 10:10 AM)desca Wrote: You might get weird problems logging in if the MTU on your network interface is still 1500.
Can you please clarify it for the newbies in Linux THanxs
(09-17-2020, 02:32 PM)mactoni Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 10:10 AM)desca Wrote: You might get weird problems logging in if the MTU on your network interface is still 1500.

I’m not an expert, but network interfaces like wlan0 and eth0 will have their mtu set to 1500, where mtu stands for *looks it up* maximum transmission unit, which has to do with how large the packets can be. For some reason, mobile interfaces like wwan0 should have an mtu of 14xx, the exact number depending on the carrier’s network. Like 142x or 143x, usually, I think. On postmarketOS, using logread, I know says the value somewhere in the log when the mobile connection comes up. So, anyway, if I am using the phone and I say

sudo ifconfig wwan0 mtu (whatever number)

it all works better. And, if using tethering, doing the same on that device for wlan0 in addition.

I’m sorry that I don’t really understand it well enough to give a good explanation. I read it somewhere the other day when I was having trouble.

Also… you may of course be having a completely different problem from mine.
(09-17-2020, 02:49 PM)desca Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 02:32 PM)mactoni Wrote:

I’m not an expert, but network interfaces like wlan0 and eth0 will have their mtu set to 1500, where mtu stands for *looks it up* maximum transmission unit, which has to do with how large the packets can be. For some reason, mobile interfaces like wwan0 should have an mtu of 14xx, the exact number depending on the carrier’s network. Like 142x or 143x, usually, I think. On postmarketOS, using logread, I know says the value somewhere in the log when the mobile connection comes up. So, anyway, if I am using the phone and I say

sudo ifconfig wwan0 mtu (whatever number)

it all works better. And, if using tethering, doing the same on that device for wlan0 in addition.

I’m sorry that I don’t really understand it well enough to give a good explanation. I read it somewhere the other day when I was having trouble.

Also… you may of course be having a completely different problem from mine.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will try with the MTU setup. Many thanks for your tip.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Physical keyboard symbols not working again vgnmnky 3 2,468 10-28-2022, 12:56 AM
Last Post: theResonant
  Wifi not working dbrandon 9 10,434 10-09-2020, 06:37 AM
Last Post: quininer
  Working Mailprogram with IMAP pine_sw 6 7,235 10-06-2020, 02:02 AM
Last Post: hiimtye
  Problem to connect with Google Services mactoni 0 1,696 09-17-2020, 05:50 AM
Last Post: mactoni
Question WiFi looks to be working, but ... vidarr 2 3,350 09-08-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: vidarr
  Angelfish on Plasma Mobile not working fernando_c_m 4 5,943 09-06-2020, 10:31 PM
Last Post: bcnaz