Incorrect Passphrase!
Hello,

My PostmarketOS edition Pinephone arrived today and I was elated to have it up and running, I followed the instructions and successfully booted into the lockscreen with what looked to be a password bar, I enter in my Password and I get "incorrect passphrase", forgive me if this is a stupid question, but wouldn't passphrase be the same password I chose during setup? Or is it due to some kind of basic boot password like "147147" (which didn't work either). Thank you for your time!

to clarify, I do have encryption enabled but SSH is disabled.
(09-01-2020, 12:38 PM)TheosProta Wrote: Hello,

My PostmarketOS edition Pinephone arrived today and I was elated to have it up and running, I followed the instructions and successfully booted into the lockscreen with what looked to be a password bar, I enter in my Password and I get "incorrect passphrase", forgive me if this is a stupid question, but wouldn't passphrase be the same password I chose during setup? Or is it due to some kind of basic boot password like "147147" (which didn't work either). Thank you for your time!

Has the keyboard layout changed after setup? Different language setting? I don't know the setup from the ce phone, so it's just a guess.
(09-01-2020, 02:46 PM)nieral Wrote:

Has the keyboard layout changed after setup? Different language setting? I don't know the setup from the ce phone, so it's just a guess.
Yes it has, I cannot see the characters being typed either since they blotted out circles.
(09-01-2020, 02:46 PM)nieral Wrote:

I am not the OP, but I am having this exact issue.  And yes, the KB layout is different between the install time and the boot time.
Smile 
Have the exact same issue ... makes no sense and I have an unusable device now? Not a very good start. [Image: smile.png]
Same issue here

I have the exact same issue .. no idea how to resolve or do a reset
Same issue here; ran through the installation process, opted no for SSH and yes for disk encryption. Set up the 5 digit PIN number and the disk encryption password. After reaching the first form, neither the PIN nor password are accepted and it returns "Incorrect Passphase!"

Currently going through the Postmarket OS wiki but haven't found any mention of a magic passphrase etc. Will let you know if progress is made.

EDIT: Found an interesting tidbit in this blog post:
https://medium.com/@fviard/my-first-step...0b7277b60a

Quote:Note: When pmOS ask you to set a “New password”, you should only use a numeric code. Otherwise, you will be blocked by the phone lockscreen that only allows numbers and not characters.

My disk encryption password contained alpha characters, did yours as well? That's probably what the issue is. Going to reinstall the OS.

I'm having this same problem, I encrypted, and enabled ssh.
I have tried using the pin I entered, the encryption password I chose, and the ssh password. nothing has let me into the phone.

LOL !! I just posted and saw yours. I'm in the same boat my friend. I just got my phone today, but in a normal password and tried 15-20 times and getting the same thing, incorrect password. And I'm EXTREMELY new to Linux in general. I'm sure more will follow with the same problem.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Incorrect Passphrase - FIx | How To Reinstall Image. NobodyNew1 0 2,093 09-02-2020, 09:30 PM
Last Post: NobodyNew1