Boot source problem. Issue confirmed. Thread renamed.
I mentioned part of this somewhere before, but it seems to be a recurring problem. However it's gotten more complex. A few times now, after updating im noticing apps ive installed have gone missing. This has now happened 3 times.

Im also noticing every now and then after a fresh boot my phone says its running a previous build from a few days ago even if i just updated a more recent one.

Now I'm starting to wonder if sometimes im booting from SD and updating/installing apps there whereas sometimes im getting booted to eMMC and updating/installing there. 

My understanding is this shouldn't technically be possible, but i also understand that if there's a flip flop in the circuit, previous state could be affected by random conditions which could trigger a decision to boot from one or the other. That said, i haven't found some of my apps that have disappeared regardless of the version it shows im running
(08-25-2020, 11:13 PM)Cree Wrote: I mentioned part of this somewhere before, but it seems to be a recurring problem. However it's gotten more complex. A few times now, after updating im noticing apps ive installed have gone missing. This has now happened 3 times.

Im also noticing every now and then after a fresh boot my phone says its running a previous build from a few days ago even if i just updated a more recent one.

Now I'm starting to wonder if sometimes im booting from SD and updating/installing apps there whereas sometimes im getting booted to eMMC and updating/installing there. 

My understanding is this shouldn't technically be possible, but i also understand that if there's a flip flop in the circuit, previous state could be affected by random conditions which could trigger a decision to boot from one or the other. That said, i haven't found some of my apps that have disappeared regardless of the version it shows im running
I haven't noticed this at all. It could be that I don't have an SD card in the phone so there is no chance for it to mix up the boot. I will keep an eye out for it in the future. I tend to keep a close eye on the version number but I will keep an eye out.
I can officially confirm my suspicion! Put in a mew SD card with Arch today. Booted once with Arch, then booted again with UBports, with a couple of my missing apps, so obviously we have an issue with the pinephone sometimes booting from eMMC rather than SD. Would be great if we can fix this! Booted again and it was ARCH. So no rhyme or reason which boot source it chooses. Probably a previous state thing from shut down, but unable to confirm.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Images won't boot past pinephone logo remington_luger 9 9,535 08-22-2021, 09:56 AM
Last Post: remington_luger
  UBPorts doesn't boot even after booting into recovery defekto 2 4,447 09-30-2020, 12:16 PM
Last Post: defekto
  wifi does not work - authentication problem? pphone-newbie 7 8,922 07-26-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Cree
  UBPorts won't boot lapinus 0 1,759 07-22-2020, 07:26 AM
Last Post: lapinus
  Bravehart w/ ubports v 48 boot loop henkdieter 5 6,502 06-18-2020, 11:13 AM
Last Post: henkdieter
  Messaging app issue afigegoznaet 0 1,798 05-12-2020, 01:42 PM
Last Post: afigegoznaet
  Mobile data issue on UT afigegoznaet 6 7,167 05-12-2020, 10:47 AM
Last Post: brb78
  Incoming call ringing issue afigegoznaet 3 5,262 04-23-2020, 03:47 AM
Last Post: afigegoznaet
  Wifi problem drpi 23 29,225 03-26-2020, 02:14 AM