Battery/wifi problems every time I take the battery out to change SIM or SD card
I have a UBports edition Pinephone.  When I run the factory test image it passes the auto test.  However anytime I take out the battery to change the SIM or micro SD card and boot up it says I have 0% battery and wifi will not work.  It only boots up when plugged in and shuts down if I unplug after it boots. Even thought the battery was showing fully charged before I changed the SIM or Micro SD card.  After a reboot it normally goes to say the battery is 100% but again only boots if plugged in and dies if unplugged and Wifi will not work.  After several boot cycles it will suddenly start working fine until I remove the battery and have to start this all over again.  Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution?
thanks
I have not had this problem, I have had my battery out for sd card swapping a lot of times !

Since the problem does eventually go away, 

perhaps the phone or battery contacts have something on them.?

Could try carefully cleaning the contacts ?
(08-23-2020, 01:52 PM)BlunderingBushcraft Wrote: I have a UBports edition Pinephone.  When I run the factory test image it passes the auto test.  However anytime I take out the battery to change the SIM or micro SD card and boot up it says I have 0% battery and wifi will not work.  It only boots up when plugged in and shuts down if I unplug after it boots. Even thought the battery was showing fully charged before I changed the SIM or Micro SD card.  After a reboot it normally goes to say the battery is 100% but again only boots if plugged in and dies if unplugged and Wifi will not work.  After several boot cycles it will suddenly start working fine until I remove the battery and have to start this all over again.  Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution?
thanks
Are you having this problem while using the charger?

I only had this happen (battery seeming to lose all juice and wifi not working) when I tried to use without battery, while plugged into charger.

Try taking battery out n putting it back in *while disconnected* from charger.
- RTP

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few." -Shunryu Suzuki

[ Pinephone Original | Pinetab v1 / v2 Enjoyer ]

Linux Device Privacy / Security Playlist

(08-23-2020, 05:18 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I have not had this problem, I have had my battery out for sd card swapping a lot of times !

The contacts look ok but it is worth a shot I will try this and see if it helps
thanks
(08-24-2020, 12:57 AM)RTP Wrote:
(08-23-2020, 01:52 PM)BlunderingBushcraft Wrote: I have a UBports edition Pinephone.  When I run the factory test image it passes the auto test.  However anytime I take out the battery to change the SIM or micro SD card and boot up it says I have 0% battery and wifi will not work.  It only boots up when plugged in and shuts down if I unplug after it boots. Even thought the battery was showing fully charged before I changed the SIM or Micro SD card.  After a reboot it normally goes to say the battery is 100% but again only boots if plugged in and dies if unplugged and Wifi will not work.  After several boot cycles it will suddenly start working fine until I remove the battery and have to start this all over again.  Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know a solution?
thanks
Are you having this problem while using the charger?

I only had this happen (battery seeming to lose all juice and wifi not working) when I tried to use without battery, while plugged into charger.

Try taking battery out n putting it back in *while disconnected* from charger.
I take the battery out with the phone turned off and disconnected from the charger.  Then after I put the battery back in I can only boot if it is charging
Thanks
(08-23-2020, 05:18 PM)bcnaz Wrote: I have not had this problem, I have had my battery out for sd card swapping a lot of times !

Just gave them a good clean with an alcohol wipe and put the battery back in and it booted right up without being on the charger.  I totally did not think that would work but there must have been just enough residue left from the tape when it came from the factory. This will make trying new distros so much less of a pain. 
Thanks so Much
Sometimes the simple solutions work.

I had a friend that had an auto repair shop,
He would get a couple of cars per year towed to his shop that the customer would say it just quit running.
It would turn out to be simply "out of gas"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 365 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
  bluetooth wifi bugs aular 6 1,266 08-27-2023, 07:53 AM
Last Post: aular
  Battery life improvement freelectro 10 2,944 06-01-2023, 08:27 PM
Last Post: KC9UDX
Thumbs Down Battery Issue or Power Management IC? bcoyle 2 1,411 03-20-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: bcoyle
  PinePhone Beta Edition will not boot from MicroSD card Timothy_Ecc 27 23,268 01-29-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: skandigraun
Bug DESIGN ISSUE? Speaker + vibration motor broke for the 2nd time e1337 11 4,097 01-26-2023, 10:11 PM
Last Post: AnAbolitionist
  No wifi/bluetooth on multiple OS's Xxancap15 1 1,047 10-28-2022, 12:10 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Wifi no scan results - Bluetooth adapter not available emsyr 1 1,328 08-29-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: emsyr
  Why not Atheros ath9k_htc for wifi? altulke 13 6,367 08-11-2022, 01:01 PM
Last Post: auanta
  Power supply vs battery albafrati 11 4,328 06-22-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: albafrati