led light
(08-07-2020, 02:58 PM)clover Wrote: Here's the workaround fix i did in PureOS: https://pureos.ironrobin.net/git/clover/...13951cdb81
Ok... and what should we do with this?
I couldn't find this file... or folder in the pinephone
thanks
I have no complaint with the led being on,

But as I mention back in my last add-on in post #20, it does seem to be showing us something about the status of the OS ?
So there appears to be a difference of hardware having an effect on the led, my Brave Heart has the flashing blue light, while my new PMOS phone
running the same Mobian OS does not ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
The blue LED slowly flashes and does not stop when my phone wakes up from suspend (when the wifi and cellular modems need to reconnect). The only way I've figured out to stop it is to reboot the phone. This is on a 3GB/32GB Pinephone running the Sep 5 F2FS build on a SD card.

EDIT: Turning off the screen with the power button from the lock screen seems to get the LED to turn off.
By chance I noticed that when the blue LED was flashing, if I have the phone in portrait mode and click the top bar I can see and dismiss alerts. In my case it was an alert for software updates. Selecting "Not now" made the blue led stop flashing.

I normally use my phone in landscape mode and then the buttons to dismiss the alert are not visible. (In general, it seems phosh hasn't really been developed with landscape mode in mind?)
(08-15-2020, 12:18 AM)bcnaz Wrote: I have no complaint with the led being on,

But as I mention back in my last add-on in post #20,  it does seem to be showing us something about the status of the OS  ?

I have seen the blue LED turn on when the phone has been idle for a long time a couple times. When I wake the phone up (hit the small button on the side) the signal icon takes a few seconds to come up. I think that it comes on when the 4G modem is in some kind of power-saving state. Don't think it has to do with the OS though.
Flashing blue led :

Perhaps it is a signal to do a restart ?

The phone goes into the blue led flashing  It can start whether it is plugged in or not, plugged in.
tapping on an app icon may , or may not open that app, But even  then when it does open the app
  That app  seems to run slow or not at all.  ....

With a reboot the flashing blue ied light does go away,  After I do a restart...
So at this point my best guess is the blue led light means you need to do a reboot.

So maybe it means you computer just finished a download or install, and  the system requires a reboot.

After a reboot the blue led goes away and clicking on an app reacts more quickly,

As an indicator light it is trying to tell you something.
(09-05-2020, 08:26 PM)ThrillGates Wrote: The blue LED slowly flashes and does not stop when my phone wakes up from suspend (when the wifi and cellular modems need to reconnect). The only way I've figured out to stop it is to reboot the phone. This is on a 3GB/32GB Pinephone running the Sep 5 F2FS build on a SD card.

EDIT: Turning off the screen with the power button from the lock screen seems to get the LED to turn off.

I also have the blue LED flashing but I have not been able to see a pattern for when or why it activates, havnt really payed alot of attention to it I just think its annoying once I do notice it. I tried your fix in the EDIT by turning of the screen using the powerbutton on the top bar and it did stop the blue LED for me aswell.

After doing this though, the screen woke up to the locked screen after about 1 minute, then went dark after 30 seconds. After another minute it woke itself back up to lockscreen only to go dark after another 30 seconds. Then after 2-3 minutes the blue led came back again but this time only for 10-20 seconds and now the phone is dark again with no blue LED flashing. It seems to be living its own life Rolleyes

Pinephone CE latest updates as of yesterday.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Notification light when entering low power Barugon 5 3,369 11-22-2021, 06:20 AM
Last Post: beta-user
  Toggle light & dark themes with a launcher. MtnSk8 0 1,421 03-14-2021, 12:20 AM
Last Post: MtnSk8
  Proximity / ambient light sensor antiX-Dave 7 8,011 11-20-2020, 05:27 AM
Last Post: pinephonenewbee
  After update the green light comes on then the system hangs joz_mak 6 6,397 11-11-2020, 09:23 AM
Last Post: antiX-Dave