Discussion of Moving Production Outside of China
I'd suggest you go take at the ADV rider channel, they are far from "trashing" China, to be honest, they seem to really love the people and the place, it's the manner in which the CCP controls the country that has ruined the place. The CCP "selling" the country as "free and open" is just wrong, and anyone the thinks that hasn't done their "home work".

Then again, there is a reason America is the great country we are.
Maybe that's what you think I wrongly think: that China is "free and open". I do not think that at all. But the simple fact is that in some ways there are more freedoms in China than we have here. It's not necessarily a good thing.

I really suspect you are reading more into me than what I have written.
(02-14-2021, 08:15 PM)KC9UDX Wrote: Maybe that's what you think I wrongly think: that China is "free and open".  I do not think that at all.  But the simple fact is that in some ways there are more freedoms in China than we have here.  It's not necessarily a good thing.

I really suspect you are reading more into me than what I have written.

"I really suspect you are reading more into me than what I have written."

In one simple sentience, you have summed up the failing of forum/on-line posting.

It's all good, don't worry about it.
(02-15-2021, 10:46 PM)dgdimick Wrote: "I really suspect you are reading more into me than what I have written."

In one simple sentience, you have summed up the failing of forum/on-line posting.

It's all good, don't worry about it.

I very much understand.  Cheers.

And 73
(02-14-2021, 05:31 PM)dgdimick Wrote: I'd suggest you go take at the ADV rider channel, they are far from "trashing" China, to be honest, they seem to really love the people and the place, it's the manner in which the CCP controls the country that has ruined the place. The CCP "selling" the country as "free and open" is just wrong, and anyone the thinks that hasn't done their "home work".

They are no longer in China now, and really trashing it now. Mostly for the CCP
(02-18-2021, 10:05 PM)KNERD Wrote:
(02-14-2021, 05:31 PM)dgdimick Wrote: I'd suggest you go take at the ADV rider channel, they are far from "trashing" China, to be honest, they seem to really love the people and the place, it's the manner in which the CCP controls the country that has ruined the place. The CCP "selling" the country as "free and open" is just wrong, and anyone the thinks that hasn't done their "home work".

They are no longer in China now, and really trashing it now. Mostly for the CCP

Yep, they are bashing the CCP, as they should, however, they have never said a bad thing about the people of China, however, it's not the People of China that control the economy, the people have very little control over their own lives.
(02-20-2021, 10:22 AM)dgdimick Wrote: Yep, they are bashing the CCP, as they should, however, they have never said a bad thing about the people of China, however, it's not the People of China that control the economy, the people have very little control over their own lives.

Well, there is the thing about the people o China. They are paying taxes to support the CCP government. If there is less doing business with the country, then they cannot pay as much tax to the government, which weakens their power.
I know its touchy bringing that topic up OP but I felt it needed to. I too would like to see production of Pine64 products outside of China, I for one dont entirely have a piece of mind after hearing reports of the CCP and their hardware backdoors when it comes to PIne64 products. As for objections against the move, I would also be suspicious of any opposition of making the move, CCP shills have been known to be behind accounts. Paying a little more would also be alright with me.
I'm all for moving production outside of China, and I'm willing to pay much more to support manufacturing in, ideally, USA or at least one of the NATO countries. Being born in USSR I know too well the true nature of communist governments, and I would prefer if my money didn't finance them.
This message was created with 100% recycled electrons
The issue I see with a NATO country, and probably every country, is the VAT nonsense, however, being in the US, I could be off in left field due to only a basic understanding of the issue.

NOTE: Edited to replace VAX with VAT - I'm not even going to bring any of the vaccine nonsense here to the forums, sorry for the typo, I did not mean to offend, if anyone was offended by my typo.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why no ePacket shipping from China? KNERD 4 1,204 06-29-2023, 08:09 PM
Last Post: poundinitiative
  Poll: Move production outside of China? KNERD 10 9,429 04-22-2021, 02:23 PM
Last Post: xalius