Got my Pine 64 today
(01-13-2016, 02:19 PM)Ketsa Wrote: The kickstarter is not even finished, people receiving boards already  ?

Are you beta testers or something  ?

Yes, some of the developers received boards early. Pine 64, is doing everything in their power to get as much software openly available and ready for when everyone receives their boards.
Any impressions about the board? What have you tried out yet? So you haven't received a WiFi/Bluetooth adapter, just an IR Receiver? I hope I will receive mine in this week so I could share my opinions too. Where do you live that you got it so early?
The board did feel pretty big, but again I've been using a raspberry pi zero as of lately. :-)

It works pretty well and I was able to get Retroarch installed. I need to get the controls programmed in Retroarch before venturing too much further. Tonight, I hope to get Dreamcast, Nintendo DS, and Gamecube/Wii(attempt) games going.

Correct, only an IR Receiver(which I can't wait to test out!)

Ya, I'd like to know what you think, and any project ideas you have.

I live in the smack dab middle of the United States.
(01-13-2016, 03:42 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: The board did feel pretty big, but again I've been using a raspberry pi zero as of lately. :-)

It works pretty well and I was able to get Retroarch installed. I need to get the controls programmed in Retroarch before venturing too much further. Tonight, I hope to get Dreamcast, Nintendo DS, and Gamecube/Wii(attempt) games going.

Can you post what you have done so far with instructions so others have easier job standing on your shoulders. Also,  how long did it take to deliver it?
[quote pid='771' dateline='1452743986']

Can you post what you have done so far with instructions so others have easier job standing on your shoulders. Also,  how long did it take to deliver it?
[/quote]

With my Girlfriend having to be up for work at 330 in the morning, I haven't had a chance to really dive in. I've been able to install RetroArch, Reicast, PPSSPP, nds4droid, and Dolphin.

I haven't had a chance to test PPSSPP, nds4droid, and Dolphin yet. I have setup Reicast, but I'm having issues with it(Not the Pine64's fault). I downloaded a Nightly, so I will have to go back and get a stable verison of Reicast.

Both Stable and Nightly versions of RetroArch have difficulties with controls. I've tested an Xbox 360 controller with the wireless receiver and it works flawless in android, which means its Retroarch. Later on, I did decide to try my Retro SNES USB Controller, and found that it worked flawless in the RetroArch Menu's. Tonight I hope to get Wifi going on the board and start downloading the cores(emulators) in RetroArch. When that is done, I will test Roms and try to record the Process/Experience.

I'll also try playing Roms on the other emulators I installed.

My end goal will be to get my existing android image tweaked and fully running emulators, then back it up and share it will all of you. 

For instructions, honestly, all I've done thus far is search Google for emulator apk's and transfer them to my USB drive. When on my USB drive, I use a program that is already loaded on the Android image called ES Explorer. From there, it allows me to mount my USB drive and install the apk's. When I share my image, I'll also share all the apk's, along with a Tutorial.

Let me know if I missed something, or if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

KryPtAlIvIaN
(01-13-2016, 02:19 PM)Ketsa Wrote: The kickstarter is not even finished, people receiving boards already  ?

Are you beta testers or something  ?

This is developer edition board that we distribute to developer and moderator to kick start the Pine64 community.
(01-13-2016, 09:59 PM)janjwerner Wrote:
(01-13-2016, 03:42 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote: The board did feel pretty big, but again I've been using a raspberry pi zero as of lately. :-)

I forgot to add the part about shipping times.

It appears that it was mailed out on the 4th or 5th and received on the 11th.
(01-14-2016, 01:03 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote:

We still keep fine tuning our distribution method to prepare for February deliver. In general, shipping to US takes about 1 week, to EU about 2 weeks. If ship to Brazil or India, it can takes to one month time.
(01-14-2016, 01:09 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-14-2016, 01:03 PM)KryPtAlIvIaN Wrote:

We still keep fine tuning our distribution method to prepare for February deliver. In general, shipping to US takes about 1 week, to EU about 2 weeks. If ship to Brazil or India, it can takes to one month time.

I'd love to see some pictures of all the boards in bulk before they ship out!
Got mine today. Thanks!

[Image: FpdJBxj.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  android games playing on pine 64 running Remix os mbjpine64 1 4,595 09-01-2016, 12:11 AM
Last Post: hrlmbtz
  Pine A64 - Android Game station project octopus 22 37,229 07-19-2016, 01:15 AM
Last Post: octopus
Big Grin My pine is ready to ship! What's the status on emulation? pqueiro 0 3,043 05-13-2016, 10:16 AM
Last Post: pqueiro
  PINE A64 EmulationStation a Flop? Or I'm noob? Hoarfen 9 13,930 05-12-2016, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Luke