SDXC card prevents power on
I've got a weird situation where if I have my SDXC 64GB Micro SD card inserted when I press the power button, it won't turn on. if I leave it in the slot, but not inserted, power it on, then insert the card all goes well. I can mount and use the card no problem. I was able to power on the phone before with it inserted, but no luck anymore.

my SDHC 16GB Micro SD card works perfectly fine. I don't have another SDXC card to test. does anyone else have this issue? any tips to resolve it? I've deleted the partitions on it and created a fresh Ext4 partition with some data on it. it seems to read from it fine once it's booted up (it happily imported my music library).
It seems the boot sector of your card hasn't been deleted.
I would try:
Back up your sd card contents, then make sure you select the right device on the of parameter as this will delete the MBR and the selected device won't be able to boot anymore.
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/yoursdcard bs=446 count=1
The contents of your sd card shouldn't be deleted, but better safe than sorry.
unfortunately that didn't fix anything. pressing and holding the power button still does nothing with the card inserted
Did you write an image on the card, after it was working normally, and afterwards deleted the partitions on it and formated it to ext4
I had used the card for the Jumpdrive image which worked perfectly, then I deleted the partitions and created a new Ext4 storage partition to use in the phone for music/photos.
That was my guess.
The MBR is still on the card. You have to delete it. The pinephone will look for it, find it, and try to boot from a partition which is not there. 
If dd didn't do the trick for you, you should wipe the whole card. There should be some other software out there which could do that.
I'm not sure how it's possible for an MBR to exist without a partition, but I'm dd if=/dev/zero on the entire card right now to make sure.
update: I finally had the time to reflash and test it, and it did indeed fix the issue. thanks @fernando_c_m for the help Smile
I'm having a similar issue.

When I insert an SD card with jumpdrive0.6 on it and try to power up, nothing happens. Sometimes the rear camera LED flashes once, but nothing else. I've tried with two SD cards, a 128MB and a 64GB.

If I "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/mmcblk0" then the device powers up fine. I can also see the SD card in lsblk. "dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/yoursdcard bs=446 count=1" did nothing.

If I insert the jumpdrive0.6 SD into the slot after powering on, I can see the jumpdrive partition as well.

I have the 3GB RAM PostMarketOS Community edition, all updates done. I have full-disk encryption enabled.

Any ideas?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  power circuit can't charge battery and can't supply enough power for modem or wifi vortex 2 362 02-17-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: vortex
  Pinephone - broken power button rorus 10 8,812 05-18-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: kbm
Thumbs Down Battery Issue or Power Management IC? bcoyle 2 1,410 03-20-2023, 12:54 AM
Last Post: bcoyle
  PinePhone Beta Edition will not boot from MicroSD card Timothy_Ecc 27 23,266 01-29-2023, 12:20 PM
Last Post: skandigraun
  Power supply vs battery albafrati 11 4,322 06-22-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: albafrati
  Pinephone won't boot from SD card arkadione 3 3,291 05-25-2022, 03:26 PM
Last Post: sfb
  Largest supported micro SD card? zooidic 2 1,921 01-08-2022, 06:01 AM
Last Post: zooidic
  Power consumption during the call some_pinephone_user 0 1,094 10-29-2021, 06:03 AM
Last Post: some_pinephone_user
  Red LED when trying to boot from SD card. Need advice. サーバント 5 4,052 10-20-2021, 09:40 AM
Last Post: biketool
  on off power button stopped working dcinoz 3 2,448 09-01-2021, 03:26 AM
Last Post: dcinoz