Hardware/cost
What was the reason behind the increase in PineTab cost (Initially the standalone tablet was supposed to be $79.00 + $20 for the optional keyboard)?  or is this just a temporary increase for the Early Adopter shipment?

Also in the future could there be a lower cost PineTab (with NO battery) for an AC adapter powered tablet/kiosk application?  Would this also help lower cost of shipping and be orderable/shippable with other items?

-Lennie
Regarding price increase - as I remember, about half a year ago there was a voting here on forums - if people would accept 2x increase of storage for a $20 increase of price - and majority voted in favour.

Regarding PineTab with NO battery - it sounds like a good idea, let's see what Pine64 says! Smile
(07-23-2020, 01:13 AM)Lex-2008 Wrote: Regarding price increase - as I remember, about half a year ago there was a voting here on forums - if people would accept 2x increase of storage for a $20 increase of price - and majority voted in favour.

As far as I remember, it was not the 2x increase in storage, but 4x. 16GB –> 64GB
Which makes it even better of course.
..... and, if the device will be of good quality, it's still a really fair price, I think.
Yes seems like a fair price for the capabilities (2GB RAM, 64GB Flash, 10" HD display) - anxiously awaiting my Early Adopter Pinetab - my only concern is the speed (1.2 GHz Quad Core) as most of the more modern SOCs are closer to 2.0 GHz...

-Lennie
(07-23-2020, 09:41 AM)lennie Wrote: Yes seems like a fair price for the capabilities (2GB RAM, 64GB Flash, 10" HD display) - anxiously awaiting my Early Adopter Pinetab - my only concern is the speed (1.2 GHz Quad Core) as most of the more modern SOCs are closer to 2.0 GHz...

-Lennie
Lennie I'm with you on the speed
I was horribly disappointed non the original pinebook when I read what they were using, but the product itself was really pretty good
Then when several raspi pads were proposed and they all used. That crippled cm module I just couldn't support them.
Pine you guys have a great product, work on the heat and power and you will rominate

This is NOT being typed on the ptab. That should be ----Dominate

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  pinetab2 hardware is not very good lmartin 11 2,033 01-13-2024, 03:45 AM
Last Post: Darth-Apple
  Pinetab as Pinephone hardware development board Daniel972 2 4,101 05-21-2021, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Daniel972
  Comparable hardware on single-board andreasgoebel72 1 2,743 06-21-2020, 05:47 AM
Last Post: wibble
  Hardware switches eaglecup 4 5,748 06-16-2020, 12:06 PM
Last Post: bcnaz