Possible IDE?
Hi,

I'm looking for a freeware IDE and some instructions on how to create a simple and basic image of my own.

I'd like to control the GPIO pins and maybe experiment a bit with some UART communication.

I'm a hardware engineering student and have a bit of experience with MCUs. I just got my PINE last week, but had no luck in finding a proper tutorial or guide on how to fully control all the of the cool PINE features.

I saw that it may be possible using an eclipse based platform for ARM devices called DS-5, but once installed it didn't offer anything more than a empty editor and no explanations.

Any advice at all would be great!

Thanks!
I'm using Gambas3 to do some home automation with the Pine64.
is has a VB-like IDE, and is also use within community-based home automation like DomotiGa & domoticz.

Works like a charm, and you can easily access the IO pins etc ...
-=(http://www.digitalplayground.be)=-
Where fun meets technology ...
(06-11-2016, 09:36 AM)sn00zerman Wrote: I'm using Gambas3 to do some home automation with the Pine64.
is has a VB-like IDE, and is also use within community-based home automation like DomotiGa & domoticz.

Works like a charm, and you can easily access the IO pins etc ...

Dos the just-in-time compilation capability included?
If you interested, you can provide the build and forum user can try out. Thanks.
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just-in-time_compilation][/url]
yuvgin

I'm also approaching this from an MCU background, been using PICs for many years and see ARM SOCs as the future.
Let's keep in touch.

Gambas works well on Raspberry but no luck on Pine Deb and Ubuntu.
From the command line and Synaptic it gives me jit not installable.

Gambas running is more important to me than the OS.

sn00zerman

Can you let us know how you installed or built this, which OS, which Gambas?
It doesn't work from the repository.
Hello,

I installed it both on the Debian and the Ubuntu images.
I did however compiled it from source. (arm64)
Also, the jit is indeed even missing when compiling from sources,
it's not important, unless you want to write code that generates code and compiles it on the fly, there is no need for the jit :-)

Let me know if your are interested in compiling from source (so you have the latest 3.8.4. of Gambas).
I'm planning on putting a tutorial on my website, so if you are interested, I need to speed things up a bit :-)
-=(http://www.digitalplayground.be)=-
Where fun meets technology ...
(06-13-2016, 01:11 AM)sn00zerman Wrote: Hello,

it's not important, unless you want to write code that generates code and compiles it on the fly, there is no need for the jit :-)

Let me know if your are interested in compiling from source (so you have the latest 3.8.4. of Gambas).
I'm planning on putting a tutorial on my website, so if you are interested, I need to speed things up a bit :-)

Several backers are interested. When your tutorial ready, please lets me know and I will a link at Pine64 wiki page.

I tried building 3.8 from source but wouldn't compile.
Any help much appreciated.
Rainbow 
Eclipse with Python plugin, relay makes your live easier...but it if you how have no experiences with Eclipse and you just want start programming without installing something than I would recommend PyCharm.
It'd be nice if something were installed with the images, like IDLE on Raspbian, I believe.
NexusDude of Central Texas
  • Setup: Pine64+ 2GB, On/Off button, RTC battery, 5V fan, LG 1.8A power adapter, Cat6 Ethernet, HDMI to TV, USB keyboard & mouse, SanDisk Ultra mSD "32GB" (28.7GB). Using Win32DiskImager.
  • Best OS experiences: Debian XFCE >> Android Lollipop > the rest
(06-16-2016, 01:07 PM)kenif Wrote:

I tried building 3.8 from source but wouldn't compile.
Any help much appreciated.

I am dedicating one SD card to a development infrustructure for gambas3 and some others. If you go to the http://gambas.sourceforge.net site and read the compilation and installation instructions you will find that they go beyond the basic source compilation requirements... looks like there are quite a few pacakages to check and double check (as to version also).  So, the good news is that Benoit has documented his development environment, so should be relatively easy to reproduce. 

keep you posted on my progress, looks like a good package though to have in the linux builds