Suggestions for PINE Store improvements
....  Maybe just me,  but,  PayPal seems to me the most secure in my humble opinion.  **    (  unless you have a way to directly hand the merchant cash ? )
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(moved from a now deleted separate topic created before I saw this one)

Hello,

While the store globally looks good on my phone, it could improve on the specification sheet which does not fit the width of my screen (540px). As there is not even a horizontal scroll bar the text can only be read by placing the phone in landscape mode. Please see attached screenshot taken on the recent Firefox 68.10.1esr (Fennec F-Droid).

.png   Screenshot_20200722-232729.png (Size: 85.99 KB / Downloads: 467)

This is also visible on Firefox desktop in "Responsive Design Mode" from the Developer Tools with a width of 540px.

@fire219  I think you are the one I should mention.

Best regards
(07-21-2020, 01:28 AM)Silvio Wrote:
(07-20-2020, 11:45 AM)SpoofyKid Wrote: You're right. I didn't realise it was different for certain countries. I would think that's a PayPal thing, not a Pine64 thing. Maybe Nederland puts that requirement on them?
(07-20-2020, 11:59 AM)bcnaz Wrote: ....  something to do with the government laws placed on PayPal
    PayPal does not deliberately try to make it harder to order,  I saw a post months ago with a description explaining this.

Possibly...
But otoh, I'm reasonably sure there are quite a few people that don't like sharing (even as guest) their private data with Paypal & Co. For some of those, the Pinephone is just too tempting to let Paypal ruin the party...
So, actually, the suggestion for PINE store improvement should read: please offer alternative (less intrusive) payment method(s) besides Paypal.

Perhaps ask them to give more options for payment ?

But telling them to stop accepting PayPal because you do not like it is unfair to them and to those who prefer it.

It is the only online money movement I use, paying merchants or sending cash to my kids.
(07-14-2020, 12:17 PM)Luke Wrote: Hello all,

We'll be looking at redesigning the PINE Store in the coming weeks. We'd appreciate feedback and suggestions on what improvements you'd like to see.

Thanks!

I would add combos as "main board + charger + chase: BASIC" "BASIC + WiFi6 + BT: BASIC+WIRELESS" or whatever is usually bought together.

And a purchase history as other shops do, where you can track your order, inform back when it arrived, and remember when and what you bought for tax refunds, buy it again or recommend to a friend.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pine time London 11th Feb 2023 Surehand53 1 1,781 01-08-2023, 10:40 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Can we create Boardviews for repair of PINE devices? (for OpenBoardView/FlexBV) PaulDaniels 2 5,831 07-20-2020, 08:56 PM
Last Post: PaulDaniels