File transfer from Linux Desktop and PinePhone
(07-09-2020, 01:11 PM)Djhg2000 Wrote: In addition to the answers above I'd like to add that the "Connect to server..." menu in the file browser works just fine. I've used it to transfer files directly on the phone and on the computer I use either Dolphin (the KDE file manager, not the GameCube emulator) or FileZilla from the Debian repo. For Windows I guess I'd use WinSCP.
Filezilla doesn't really work for me on my phone; I guess I'll try Dolphin.

(07-09-2020, 09:07 AM)livanti21 Wrote: Thanks a lot for the help. I installed pinephone-devtools but the desktop still doesn't recognize the device. But Samba works great and I'm cool with that!

I do appreciate the help and I'm really loving Mobian right now. It is my secondary phone right now but I could use it for my daily driver as everything important to me is working like 4G calling incoming and outgoing, SMS, and Geary works pretty well. Map navigation is still a work in progress and battery life is still poor but this project is moving at light speed IMHO and a huge thanks to the Devs!!

How did you get samba working?
A simplified GUI for unloading pictures would be handy,  sometime in the future ?
(07-09-2020, 01:31 PM)Hiraghm Wrote:
(07-09-2020, 01:11 PM)Djhg2000 Wrote: In addition to the answers above I'd like to add that the "Connect to server..." menu in the file browser works just fine. I've used it to transfer files directly on the phone and on the computer I use either Dolphin (the KDE file manager, not the GameCube emulator) or FileZilla from the Debian repo. For Windows I guess I'd use WinSCP.

No I meant I use Dolphin on the computer, on the phone itself using the built in file manager works just fine. It seems like it's Nautilus straight out of GNOME but I don't know if it's customized for Phosh, so I won't definitively say it's vanilla Nautilus.

Most DEs come with a file manager which can connect straight to SFTP server, either through a menu option (like the "File -> Connect to Server..." menu option in Nautilus) and/or through specifying the SFTP protocol in the address bar (like "sftp://[username]@server[:port]" in Dolphin).
(07-09-2020, 01:31 PM)Hiraghm Wrote:

(07-09-2020, 09:07 AM)livanti21 Wrote: Thanks a lot for the help. I installed pinephone-devtools but the desktop still doesn't recognize the device. But Samba works great and I'm cool with that!

I do appreciate the help and I'm really loving Mobian right now. It is my secondary phone right now but I could use it for my daily driver as everything important to me is working like 4G calling incoming and outgoing, SMS, and Geary works pretty well. Map navigation is still a work in progress and battery life is still poor but this project is moving at light speed IMHO and a huge thanks to the Devs!!

How did you get samba working?

I used this link to set up everything and it works flawlessly for me

https://ubuntu.com/tutorials/install-and...1-overview
My advice would be to connect your phone to wifi, and mount it using sshfs.
(07-08-2020, 08:18 AM)devrtz Wrote: USB should work after installing the "pinephone-devtools" package.
Apart from that the usual suspects (ssh/sftp/nfs/samba) come to mind.
Where can we get the package from? Is there a command to grab it on Pop_OS?
Have you tried teleport? that works pretty well for me in both directions... https://gitlab.gnome.org/jsparber/teleport
Just burn Jumpdrive onto a SD and put it in the phone and boot the phone connected to the computer and you will have full access to the eMMc.
KDE Connect is a nice option. Smile .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bookworm vs trixie discussion for mobian in pinephone regular. zetabeta 15 1,514 03-25-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: anonymous
  unofficial kali linux for pinephone help needed pinesmell 5 3,449 01-08-2024, 02:50 PM
Last Post: ERPlegend
  Has anyone got briar-desktop running on mobian? vusra 5 2,862 06-19-2023, 03:02 PM
Last Post: vusra
  Axolotl on PinePhone / Mobian arno_nuehm 219 160,325 03-26-2023, 01:49 AM
Last Post: shulamy
  PinePhone won't boot after software update jb2000 2 1,248 03-17-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Zebulon Walton
Wink Pinephone lost graphic during mobian system upgrade cmpin 4 2,057 03-01-2023, 04:45 PM
  Battery problem with a Pinephone keyboard and Mobian elode 2 2,102 12-22-2022, 07:10 PM
Last Post: acid andy
  low disk space on file system root revisited benedikt55 2 1,392 09-24-2022, 10:16 AM
Last Post: benedikt55
  Sending Pinephone SMS from Desktop biketool 5 2,746 09-13-2022, 01:46 PM
  How to get Pinetime working with Pinephone arkadione 12 6,939 08-28-2022, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Fish