Manjaro bootup freezes on logo before Login
I understand. The PBP is my intro to Arch/Manjaro too
Getting a rockchip pcie error when I run dmesg| grep error. How can I update pcie drivers from tty on this version of Manjaro? Everything I can find says use mhwd but I don't have that package and cant get it through pacman or pamac

I also get just the black screen when I hit f2 during BIOS. Was thinking I would just reformat but I don't even know how to do that on this laptop.
(07-08-2020, 01:49 PM)LMalilil Wrote: Getting a rockchip pcie error when I run dmesg| grep error. How can I update pcie drivers from tty on this version of Manjaro? Everything I can find says use mhwd but I don't have that package and cant get it through pacman or pamac

I also get just the black screen when I hit f2 during BIOS. Was thinking I would just reformat but I don't even know how to do that on this laptop.

Correct, Manjaro Arm doesn't ship with the package, I believe. It's a slightly different beast than x86 Manjaro. I believe the drivers in use are part of the kernel (or patches to it) so updating that outside of sudo pacman -Syu, may prove difficult.

To reinstall, go to Manjaro Arm's downloads on OSDN, and grab one of their emmc installer images for whichever desktop you want. Burn that to an SD card and boot your PBP from it. It should lead you through a CLI guide to reinstall.
(07-08-2020, 02:12 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 01:49 PM)LMalilil Wrote: Getting a rockchip pcie error when I run dmesg| grep error. How can I update pcie drivers from tty on this version of Manjaro? Everything I can find says use mhwd but I don't have that package and cant get it through pacman or pamac

Correct, Manjaro Arm doesn't ship with the package, I believe. It's a slightly different beast than x86 Manjaro. I believe the drivers in use are part of the kernel (or patches to it) so updating that outside of sudo pacman -Syu, may prove difficult.

To reinstall, go to Manjaro Arm's downloads on OSDN, and grab one of their emmc installer images for whichever desktop you want. Burn that to an SD card and boot your PBP from it. It should lead you through a CLI guide to reinstall.
I'm guessing it should just autoboot from SD? Which version of KDE Plasma shipped with it? 20.04 right?
(07-08-2020, 02:19 PM)LMalilil Wrote: I'm guessing it should just autoboot from SD? Which version of KDE Plasma shipped with it? 20.04 right?

Yup, sure should. I believe so, but that version should exist for 20.06, too. You may as well install that, as you'll be updating to it anyway, after the install.
(07-08-2020, 02:22 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 02:19 PM)LMalilil Wrote: I'm guessing it should just autoboot from SD? Which version of KDE Plasma shipped with it? 20.04 right?

Yup, sure should. I believe so, but that version should exist for 20.06, too. You may as well install that, as you'll be updating to it anyway, after the install.
Okay before I go ahead and do that theres one other error <platform regulatory.0: Direct firmware load for regulatory.db failed with error -2> 
I'm new to this but that doesnt sound good lol.
Thanks for taking the time to essentially hold my hand through this and I appreciate the patience.
(07-08-2020, 02:30 PM)LMalilil Wrote: Okay before I go ahead and do that theres one other error <platform regulatory.0: Direct firmware load for regulatory.db failed with error -2> 
Thanks for taking the time to essentially hold my hand through this and I appreciate the patience.

Searching online, it seems to be related to a wifi package. I would disregard it for now if you're willing/planning to reinstall.
(07-08-2020, 02:35 PM)tophneal Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 02:30 PM)LMalilil Wrote: Okay before I go ahead and do that theres one other error <platform regulatory.0: Direct firmware load for regulatory.db failed with error -2> 

Searching online, it seems to be related to a wifi package. I would disregard it for now if you're willing/planning to reinstall.
I used Balena Etcher to make the SD card with the 20.06 image. It ran me through the initial setup i did when i got the laptop. Booted up and worked while the sd card was still in it but once i shut down and removed the SD card it does the same thing and hangs up. I went wrong somwhere
Damn.

Have you checked the Manjaro arm forums yet to see if anyone else has had this or a similar issue?

Also when you were scrolling through the dmesg output, did you see any other errors than the one you posted earlier?
(07-08-2020, 03:54 PM)tophneal Wrote: Damn.

Have you checked the Manjaro arm forums yet to see if anyone else has had this or a similar issue?

Also when you were scrolling through the dmesg output, did you see any other errors than the one you posted earlier?
Yeah i cant seem to find anyone having the same issue. Seems strange that i was able to login through the GUI login and load the desktop with the sd card in. Should i have wiped my old partitions first? OR was it that I used Balena Etcher and it turned my 32gb SD card into a bootable operating system running off the sd because I'm a dummy and was thinking Pinephone LOL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Manjaro Sway Theme Broken Eighty8 1 272 03-08-2024, 08:41 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Manjaro with Full Disk Encryption and GRUB dumetrulo 1 1,745 02-02-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: frankkinney
  Manjaro network problem late 2023 acruhl 1 320 01-19-2024, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 2,120 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 2,186 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Manjaro 20.04 not loading from SD (with Manjaro on eMMC) zaius 1 400 12-07-2023, 03:11 PM
Last Post: wdt
  Manjaro ARM: enabling external monitors & fixing Broadcom WiFi after updating trifleneurotic 2 872 11-14-2023, 10:57 AM
Last Post: trifleneurotic
  Manjaro [ARM Stable Update] 2021-07-23 issues Bocanila 1 2,016 08-21-2023, 09:10 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  [Manjaro] u-boot won't boot from eMMC with (unbootable) SD card present zackw 1 1,963 08-21-2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: vanessadonald
  Manjaro - HIbernate - brcmfmac clk issue pompeyPinePro 1 759 08-18-2023, 02:06 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez