Sorry, my patience is running out
Thumbs Down 
I have 2 boards, both are 2GB A+. Both have gone through the last 2 ROM updates. Both have had 16,32 and 64 SD cards installed made by 5 different manufacturers. (Don't get me started in the ridiculous Phoenix software.)

I have one board I cannot get to connect to the internet. Sometimes I get an IP address, most times I don't. When it does get an IP address, the clock will set to internet time. That is all I can do with the board.

The second board is slower than my old windows 98 machine! After powering on the board, and getting to the desktop, once anything is clicked, the board will reboot itself. This happens after every hard reset (unplugging power).

After that, clicking on icons freezes the system. Everything gets the error "** is not responding. Wait or close".

My 8 year old's $30 Proscan Android tablet works better than this piece of crap!

How much longer do I wait to request a refund?
(05-15-2016, 07:26 PM)RAGE Sonix Wrote: I have 2 boards, both are 2GB A+. Both have gone through the last 2 ROM updates. Both have had 16,32 and 64 SD cards installed made by 5 different manufacturers. (Don't get me started in the ridiculous Phoenix software.)

I have one board I cannot get to connect to the internet. Sometimes I get an IP address, most times I don't. When it does get an IP address, the clock will set to internet time. That is all I can do with the board.

The second board is slower than my old windows 98 machine! After powering on the board, and getting to the desktop, once anything is clicked, the board will reboot itself. This happens after every hard reset (unplugging power).

After that, clicking on icons freezes the system. Everything gets the error "** is not responding. Wait or close".

My 8 year old's $30 Proscan Android tablet works better than this piece of crap!

Just a thought. Maybe you are doing something wrong perhaps. There are a ton of people on here including myself that have Android working just fine. I have 3 of the Pine64 2GB boards and all of them have no issues. The things you are mentioning in your rant have nothing to do with hardware. They are software related.

Maybe if you would ask questions in the board people can help instead of just giving up.  You need to take a deep breath. The Phoenix software is crap but not made by Pine64 so your point about that is valid but there are many people on here that are working around the software and trying to come up with an alternative.

People like you complain about the Pine64 when it has nothing to do with the hardware. It has to do with the install and software issues. Maybe you are missing something that is needed with Android I don't know but if you want to sell them to me I will take them.

If they were bought from Kickstarter they are under no obligation to refund your money. Have you even sent emails to the support team about maybe having bad boards?  Have you tried Debian or Ubuntu or any other ROM to see if it is just the install of Android?
(05-16-2016, 06:55 AM)jpecora93 Wrote:
(05-15-2016, 07:26 PM)RAGE Sonix Wrote: I have 2 boards, both are 2GB A+. Both have gone through the last 2 ROM updates. Both have had 16,32 and 64 SD cards installed made by 5 different manufacturers. (Don't get me started in the ridiculous Phoenix software.)

Just a thought. Maybe you are doing something wrong perhaps. There are a ton of people on here including myself that have Android working just fine. I have 3 of the Pine64 2GB boards and all of them have no issues. The things you are mentioning in your rant have nothing to do with hardware. They are software related.

Maybe if you would ask questions in the board people can help instead of just giving up.  You need to take a deep breath. The Phoenix software is crap but not made by Pine64 so your point about that is valid but there are many people on here that are working around the software and trying to come up with an alternative.

People like you complain about the Pine64 when it has nothing to do with the hardware. It has to do with the install and software issues. Maybe you are missing something that is needed with Android I don't know but if you want to sell them to me I will take them.

If they were bought from Kickstarter they are under no obligation to refund your money. Have you even sent emails to the support team about maybe having bad boards?  Have you tried Debian or Ubuntu or any other ROM to see if it is just the install of Android?

Yep, I have been in contact with support. They keep telling me the same thing over and over. Wait for next software update. I have gone through 3 software updates, no change.
Here is the email:

"Sounds like some MAC address collision situation, the board 2 can get the clock means it has successfully connect to Internet. We will have a new Android build release on Friday and may able to resolve your issue. Once release, I will email to you on download link. This new Android build has new MAC generator scheme and works better with router.

Regards,
TL Lim

I have bypassed the router, connecting directly to the modem.. no change.

I will note, that I did borrow my friends Pine64 wifi adapter.. and they both seem to work a little faster. Still very slow when clicking icons on the desktop.

It still is very slow. "Maybe you are missing something that is needed with Android"... Please tell me! How many android roms do I need to go through for these to work? If the software has been updated several times with no change, that tells me that it is a hardware issue.

This is what I see wehn I try to do anything with the board.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,492 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  GPIO access running Android rddragon888 20 28,476 11-06-2017, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Anvesh Reddy
Question Running VPN Punkyclown 2 3,690 06-12-2017, 03:25 AM
Last Post: nicosaturno
  Pine A64 running Android 7.1 kernel panic leon 1 3,455 05-12-2017, 04:53 PM
Last Post: ayufan
  ssh into Pine64 running Android scarabus 5 8,277 10-03-2016, 09:02 AM