USB current limit
(07-17-2020, 10:37 PM)HLing Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 02:24 AM)a-wai Wrote: Charging still works fine for me, but I modded my HW, that may be why...

Try running the following command as root (not using sudo, you really need to log in as root) and reboot:
Code:
echo "blacklist anx7688" > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
Thank you, a-wai! you're a genius! It worked!  (and I did not mod my HW. in fact i was also wondering if it was going to be impossible without modding the HW, until I remembered that up until recently I could charge using USB-c to USB-c). 

And this just for my education: When you said that one "really need to log in as root", I did and it worked.  Would it not have worked if I used sudo?  

Thank you again for all the brilliant work on Mobian!
If you run sudo echo, the redirection (>) is not privileged. You can do 'echo whatever | sudo tee -a file' instead.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk
(07-17-2020, 11:14 PM)e-minguez Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 10:37 PM)HLing Wrote:
(07-17-2020, 02:24 AM)a-wai Wrote: Charging still works fine for me, but I modded my HW, that may be why...

Try running the following command as root (not using sudo, you really need to log in as root) and reboot:
Code:
echo "blacklist anx7688" > /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
Thank you, a-wai! you're a genius! It worked!  (and I did not mod my HW. in fact i was also wondering if it was going to be impossible without modding the HW, until I remembered that up until recently I could charge using USB-c to USB-c). 

And this just for my education: When you said that one "really need to log in as root", I did and it worked.  Would it not have worked if I used sudo?  

Thank you again for all the brilliant work on Mobian!
If you run sudo echo, the redirection (>) is not privileged. You can do 'echo whatever | sudo tee -a file' instead.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

Thank you, e-minguez, for the option.  Also, just a note about the current limit: I noticed with the last 7 21 20 version upgrade the charging status was showing 3A, instead of 0.5A or 1.5A, but it was charging slowly.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone know how to start a terminal at current dir with Nemo? rp3 6 5,076 01-19-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  Current Features working under Debian pcdoodle 1 3,395 05-15-2020, 01:02 PM
Last Post: wasgurd