Apps flicker and crash
I've had this issue on several versions of ubports (reflashed) and it's still there on the latest stable branch (v3). This may very well be a hardware problem, but i've yet to have any issues with mobian.

Video of the issue: 

It happens often (+-5min)
Can this be related to a high dram clock speed or would that have effected more than an isolated app? #noob
(06-28-2020, 12:26 PM)Nooblife Wrote: I've had this issue on several versions of ubports (reflashed) and it's still there on the latest stable branch (v3). This may very well be a hardware problem, but i've yet to have any issues with mobian.

Video of the issue: 

It happens often (+-5min)
Can this be related to a high dram clock speed or would that have effected more than an isolated app? #noob
I'm thinking it's a clock speed issue. Mine has been very buggy out of the box. Went to an earlier pre-ota build it works fine. I thought maybe the device was defective until then. Current OTA 3 is so buggy, it will only boot one out of a dozen tries. There is a fix for Mobian and the other distros, but it doesn't work with UBPorts for some reason.  So still searching for a solution for that.
I think it's DRAM speed for sure. My phone is only just stable at 588 MHz so I run it at 576 MHz in other distros. The amounts of crashing on my phone indicates it's running somewhere around 600 MHz with UBPorts.

We desperately need to either lower the clock or find the clocking issue (probably timing training parameters and/or PCB traces). It's very clear to me that a large portion of phones simply cannot handle 600 MHz.
https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=9832
Thank you for the responses! I have lowered my clock speed now, and have not experienced any crashes so far.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  noticable Screen flicker KNERD 0 1,997 01-13-2021, 09:00 PM
Last Post: KNERD
  OTA build 150 removed my installed apps. Cree 1 3,027 08-17-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: evilbunny
  Lomiri / Wayland / regular apps Concrete_panda 2 3,942 07-21-2020, 05:31 PM
Last Post: natasha
  apps missing from desktop. blicken 1 2,695 02-20-2020, 03:23 AM
Last Post: PinePhoneCoder