Placed an order for a Pinebook Pro yesterday
Hi, I found this manufacturer from a Google search/Reddit recommendation and blindly placed an order for a Pinebook Pro. However now that I'm reading the forums it almost sounds like I shouldn't have been able to (unless I got someone's cancelled order/they are actually in stock) or did I accidentally enter a new pre-order queue? The store page only mentions "estimated dispatch in June" - is that accurate?

Thank you, looking forward to being part of the community.
I believe the only official sales are from 'the Pine64 store' (?)

The next Official Pre-order session I believe is scheduled for sometime in July.

There is another Pine store in the USA, but I think that one only sells 'some' parts...

There are some private sellers on Ebay selling their personal Pine items.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
To clarify, I was able to place an order on the official store.pine64, which is why I'm confused - and would like clarification whether it's a pre-order or a regular one Smile
(06-28-2020, 12:12 PM)mangofett Wrote: To clarify, I was able to place an order on the official store.pine64, which is why I'm confused - and would like clarification whether it's a pre-order or a regular one Smile

OH,  I mis-understood,  thought you meant you made a purchase via your Google lead.

After reading your first post I went to the Pine Store and attempted to put a 'ANSI Pinebook Pro' into my cart.
  and it came up as "out of Stock"

I have read in another thread/post that the "Next Pre-Order session" for the  (PMOS) Pinebook Pro will open in July.

Pre-order refers to most of the complete devices that Pine sells I think, Pinebook Pro, Pine phone, PineTab, etc... They collect enough orders before they start building the devices, hence "Pre-order"

But the items actually on the warehouse shelf are "ordered"   ( I think sometimes the terms get used interchangeably ? )

Which OS / keyboard style did you manage to order ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I originally tried to get the ANSI version but got the same message, however adding the ISO PBP to cart allowed me to check out and pay. As of this posting, I am still able to add one to cart
(06-28-2020, 02:44 PM)mangofett Wrote: I originally tried to get the ANSI version but got the same message, however adding the ISO PBP to cart allowed me to check out and pay. As of this posting, I am still able to add one to cart
  Hmm...
  It would appear they sold out of the ANSI version of the PBP
        OR
  Perhaps there is a website malfunction ?

The ANSI replacement keyboard is currently showing 'In Stock'
          in the store for $19.95

I wonder about the power supply ?   I think they send the power supply according to country.
  My first PBP was only available as an ISO, but I did get the correct US version of power supply.
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
I'd be patient.  Wait a couple of days.  If you indeed did order it, and it's ready to ship, you should get tracking information soon, I expect.  Mind you, I can't answer for those involved, this is just my opinion based on my purchase experience.
Typically you just get the PayPal notice right away.
Because it is 'pre-order' you will get tracking information " when it actually ships"
DHL typically delivers 2 to 3 days after they receive your package.
The other shipper takes 4 to 5 weeks to deliver your package.
I placed an order on Jun 21st.

I got an email from Pine with an order number and then this email from PayPal and then nothing:-

Hello xxxxxxxxx,

You sent a payment of $238.99 USD to Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited
(sales at pine64 dot org)

The amount due will be collected by Direct Debit within 3 working days after
It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.
Merchant
Syabas Technology Hong Kong, Limited
sales at pine64 dot org
Instructions to merchant
You haven't entered any instructions.
Delivery address – confirmed
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxx
Dispatch details
The seller hasn’t provided any dispatch details yet.
Description Unit price Qty Amount
14″ PINEBOOK Pro LINUX LAPTOP (ISO, UK Keyboard)
Item Number PBPro14-64ISO $199.99 USD 1 $199.99 USD
Subtotal $199.99 USD
Postage and packaging $39.00 USD
Total $238.99 USD
Payment $238.99 USD
Payment sent to sales at pine64 dot org
From amount £201.17 GBP
To amount $238.99 USD
Exchange rate: 1 GBP = 1.18797 USD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Why I can't order to Ukraine? undefinedCat 2 2,708 09-29-2022, 08:52 AM
Last Post: deniszpua
  No response from Order Support IbrokeTTL 2 2,620 02-20-2022, 12:37 AM
Last Post: lot378
Question Order not possible to Austria harry75 4 5,716 02-07-2022, 02:16 PM
Last Post: davidroy39
Question PineBook Pro shipping to India User 22380 2 4,301 06-25-2021, 09:37 PM
Last Post: User 22380
  No Order Confirmation or Invoice Number? littleangel77007 1 4,125 12-22-2019, 01:46 PM
Last Post: tllim
Question Ordering Pinebook Pro with accessories? zaius 1 3,476 07-08-2019, 07:34 PM
  Where is my order? greenhobby 5 7,755 02-18-2019, 12:11 PM
Last Post: greenhobby
Thumbs Up My shiipping experience! (Pinebook 11") caps 0 2,424 11-15-2018, 04:25 PM
Last Post: caps
  No order confirmation, no tracking number, NOTHING after an order Osiander 1 3,958 11-13-2018, 11:17 AM
  I'll like to place an order...from CHINA uncle_bear 8 10,943 07-26-2018, 01:28 AM
Last Post: Ryan