Deep Learning Framework
I have just received my Pinebook Pro last week. Being a newbie, I am having some fun times setting up the Pinebook to fit my needs. I am mostly doing machine learning and mathematical optimization so this is an interesting experiment for me to try to achieve it using Pinebook. I am glad that many Python libraries such as numpy, scipy, scikit-learn, pandas are already included to be set up through pacman. But some others are missing.

My question is whether there is a way to set up a deep learning framework such as PyTorch in Pinebook. It is not for actual running purposes but mainly for development. I can find a couple of Keras libraries. There is also OpenCV. However, neither of these pieces are complete to work on a full framework. Any ideas?
It's Linux. If you can't find what you need, build it and install it. There's some stuff that doesn't work properly on 64-bit ARM, but it's fairly rare in actively developed software.

What are you missing? It might be that Manjaro isn't a good base to work with for this sort of development. If that's the case, you could consider one of the other Linux distros built for the PBP.

But I'm not specifically familiar with those frameworks, sorry.
(06-22-2020, 04:22 PM)Syonyk Wrote: It's Linux.  If you can't find what you need, build it and install it.  There's some stuff that doesn't work properly on 64-bit ARM, but it's fairly rare in actively developed software.

What are you missing?  It might be that Manjaro isn't a good base to work with for this sort of development.  If that's the case, you could consider one of the other Linux distros built for the PBP.

But I'm not specifically familiar with those frameworks, sorry.
I guess that's what I will try, build and install.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ARM v8 learning setup the_hiacer 7 8,807 04-20-2020, 06:29 PM
Last Post: xmixahlx