Pine64 Customer Service and Sales Support, or the lack of it...
Hello,

Having issues with the microphone on my PinePhone BH edition, I contacted Customer Service. After exchanging many emails Pine64 agreed to send me a replacement "daughter / side board", waiving the shipment fees if I pay $9.99 for the spare part. I was to create the order then email them the order number so they can refund the shipping fees (see their message below):

"Reviewed your communication with support team#2. To close the case ticket #XXXX  friendly, you purchase the item: PINEPHONE USB-C SIDE BOARD SKU: PPHONE-SIDEB $9.99, we waive the shipping cost.$11.99.

[...]

Let us know the order ID after you ordered the spare parts.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Pine64 team"

After a few weeks (15/06), when I was nearly sure the microphone was faulty, I made the order, paid for the spare part plus the shipping fees, then emailed back the "Pine64 team" letting them know the order number so they can refund the shipping fees. I haven't heard back since. Today, after a week, I got an automated message from Pine Store (sales@pine64.org) informing me that my order was completed and shipped. The invoice shows the full amount, including P&P and the final value means that I will be paying custom duties and handling fees to the Post Office.

Not a word from Sales, or Customer Service, and I emailed them nearly every day.

I am a big fan of Open Source, PinePhone, and I really want so support the community but the so called "customer service" experience is hugely disappointing. I am afraid Pine64 is far from being a supplier who cares for their customer.
(06-22-2020, 03:10 AM)valentin Wrote: Hello,

Having issues with the microphone on my PinePhone BH edition, I contacted Customer Service. After exchanging many emails Pine64 agreed to send me a replacement "daughter / side board", waiving the shipment fees if I pay $9.99 for the spare part. I was to create the order then email them the order number so they can refund the shipping fees (see their message below):

"Reviewed your communication with support team#2. To close the case ticket #XXXX  friendly, you purchase the item: PINEPHONE USB-C SIDE BOARD SKU: PPHONE-SIDEB $9.99, we waive the shipping cost.$11.99.

[...]

Let us know the order ID after you ordered the spare parts.

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Pine64 team"

After a few weeks (15/06), when I was nearly sure the microphone was faulty, I made the order, paid for the spare part plus the shipping fees, then emailed back the "Pine64 team" letting them know the order number so they can refund the shipping fees. I haven't heard back since. Today, after a week, I got an automated message from Pine Store (sales@pine64.org) informing me that my order was completed and shipped. The invoice shows the full amount, including P&P and the final value means that I will be paying custom duties and handling fees to the Post Office.

Not a word from Sales, or Customer Service, and I emailed them nearly every day.

I am a big fan of Open Source, PinePhone, and I really want so support the community but the so called "customer service" experience is hugely disappointing. I am afraid Pine64 is far from being a supplier who cares for their customer.

Please PM me your support ticket number and I will check with support team. Looks like has been fall into the crack.
(06-26-2020, 04:31 PM)tllim Wrote: Please PM me your support ticket number and I will check with support team. Looks like has been fall into the crack.

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to me. I have an open case with PayPal regarding this refund, so I am going to wait until I have a final resolution. I will post the outcome here.

Regards,

Valentin
I have received the refund for the shipping fees ($11.99) after I open a dispute with PayPal. I stick to my opinion that Pine64 should really improve their customer service.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to connect to Pine64 IRC channel due to certificate error? Must-Borrow 1 244 03-10-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: Must-Borrow
  Forum Recommendations for Pine64 support? backwoodstech2 0 277 02-04-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: backwoodstech2
  Im thinking of building a Pine64 cluster Theirat1991 2 415 01-17-2024, 10:21 PM
Last Post: damiarobber
  PINE64 EU / Disappointment yoriel79 1 751 12-24-2023, 11:00 PM
Last Post: meekice
  How is it going Pine64.org? Corfromleuven 2 928 12-23-2023, 08:15 PM
Last Post: polinkuer12
  Registering my 'nick' on Pine64's IRC network diederik 5 1,070 11-13-2023, 07:36 PM
Last Post: ilebagels
  pine64 opensource dumbphone Phie 13 3,533 08-16-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Phie
  Possible new Pine64 product - Pine Blue Ray DVD Linux tv box Omnios 5 1,394 07-24-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Omnios
Question Support for Placing Order Mike Shen 0 490 06-06-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Mike Shen
  My Pine64 Logo Re-Design & Thoughts About A New Logo me! 0 674 04-24-2023, 10:03 PM
Last Post: me!