Crucial M.2 SSD
Hi,
As I had the experience of a Crucial SSD on a RPI 4  (for booting de OS) and was very impress with the result, I got a Crucial P2 NVME PCIe 2280 M.2 SSD of 500 gb.
What it took 45 minutes to install in RPI 4 turned out to be a week (of confinement) to get working on PBP. The result is very good and can be compared with RPI 4.
I have tryed to add this hardware to the nvme listing with no result, so I will post here, excuse my ignorance.

$ sudo nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme0
NVME Identify Controller:

ps    0 : mp:4.50W operational enlat:0 exlat:0 rrt:0 rrl:0
          rwt:0 rwl:0 idle_power:- active_power:-
ps    1 : mp:2.70W operational enlat:0 exlat:0 rrt:1 rrl:1
          rwt:1 rwl:1 idle_power:- active_power:-
ps    2 : mp:2.16W operational enlat:0 exlat:0 rrt:2 rrl:2
          rwt:2 rwl:2 idle_power:- active_power:-
ps    3 : mp:0.0700W non-operational enlat:1000 exlat:1000 rrt:3 rrl:3
          rwt:3 rwl:3 idle_power:- active_power:-
ps    4 : mp:0.0020W non-operational enlat:5000 exlat:55000 rrt:4 rrl:4
          rwt:4 rwl:4 idle_power:- active_power:-

The on demand consumption is enabled by default and my attempt to use other setting ended up with less battery life.

I have managed to boot from MMC and have root pointed to the NVMe by label. The so is Ubuntu mate as I tried  Manjaro but found it complicated to tune to my test, I am an ubuntu user for many years at home and work.

Thanks and regards,
Carlos.
Thanks for sharing!
To make any wiki page edits, you just need to log in with your forum account credentials.
(06-17-2020, 11:17 AM)CLC Wrote: Hi,
As I had the experience of a Crucial SSD on a RPI 4  (for booting de OS) and was very impress with the result, I got a Crucial P2 NVME PCIe 2280 M.2 SSD of 500 gb.
What it took 45 minutes to install in RPI 4 turned out to be a week (of confinement) to get working on PBP. The result is very good and can be compared with RPI 4.
I have tryed to add this hardware to the nvme listing with no result, so I will post here, excuse my ignorance.

$ sudo nvme id-ctrl /dev/nvme0
NVME Identify Controller:

ps    0 : mp:4.50W operational enlat:0 exlat:0 rrt:0 rrl:0
          rwt:0 rwl:0 idle_power:- active_power:-
ps    1 : mp:2.70W operational enlat:0 exlat:0 rrt:1 rrl:1
          rwt:1 rwl:1 idle_power:- active_power:-
ps    2 : mp:2.16W operational enlat:0 exlat:0 rrt:2 rrl:2
          rwt:2 rwl:2 idle_power:- active_power:-
ps    3 : mp:0.0700W non-operational enlat:1000 exlat:1000 rrt:3 rrl:3
          rwt:3 rwl:3 idle_power:- active_power:-
ps    4 : mp:0.0020W non-operational enlat:5000 exlat:55000 rrt:4 rrl:4
          rwt:4 rwl:4 idle_power:- active_power:-

The on demand consumption is enabled by default and my attempt to use other setting ended up with less battery life.

I have managed to boot from MMC and have root pointed to the NVMe by label. The so is Ubuntu mate as I tried  Manjaro but found it complicated to tune to my test, I am an ubuntu user for many years at home and work.

Thanks and regards,
Carlos.
With the use I have noticed that with power on demand enabled, PBP does not boot if battery is lower than 35%.
Also, if some action triggers high power demand with battery below 30% PBP may hang up.
I will test further with PS2 to see if this behavior improves.