SSH wont connect [Permission denied (publickey,password)].
I have tried everything to get SSH to connect from my client desktop running Ubuntu 20.04 to the pinephone. I generated a key and ssh'd into my desktop from the phone and was able to move the public rsa key to my /.ssh/authorized_keys using the scp command in terminal but i still can't access the pinephone from my desktop client. I have exhausted all options so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Got ssh working. Got Crust working but may have to reinstall . Scaling is all messed up now
(06-14-2020, 09:56 AM)LMalilil Wrote: Got ssh working. Got Crust working but may have to reinstall . Scaling is all messed up now
Hi,

I have the same problem. Could you describe how you get the problem fixed?

I transferred the desktop's public key to the device and installed it in /home/phablet/.ssh/authorized_keys.
However, If i try to connect as user phablet, I get "Permission denied (publickey)"

Is this the wrong place to store the key? Or the wrong key at all?
What changes are necessary in /etc/ssh/sshd.config?
I started the server using ssh start.

Connecting from the device to the desktop works out of the box.

Thanks a million for your advice
Mat
(06-23-2020, 09:13 AM)pphone-newbie Wrote:
(06-14-2020, 09:56 AM)LMalilil Wrote: Got ssh working. Got Crust working but may have to reinstall . Scaling is all messed up now
Hi,

I have the same problem. Could you describe how you get the problem fixed?

I transferred the desktop's public key to the device and installed it in /home/phablet/.ssh/authorized_keys.
However, If i try to connect as user phablet, I get "Permission denied (publickey)"

Is this the wrong place to store the key? Or the wrong key at all?
What changes are necessary in /etc/ssh/sshd.config?
I started the server using ssh start.

Connecting from the device to the desktop works out of the box.

Thanks a million for your advice
Mat
Make sure your openssh server is running on your phone with the command "ssh localhost". If you have the public key on the phone already you should be good after starting the localhost server

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to login due to the password change pine_usr 9 11,182 09-13-2020, 01:52 AM
Last Post: JLane8