PineTab Mobian
Mobian works and it works very well!

Download it here:
https://images.mobian-project.org/pinetab/nightly/

You may need to upgrade it by command line to fix some bugs and add some new software:
sudo -i
apt install && apt full-upgrade -y
(09-13-2020, 12:28 PM)KerryK Wrote: Mobian works and it works very well!

Download it here:
https://images.mobian-project.org/pinetab/nightly/

You may need to upgrade it by command line to fix some bugs and add some new software:
sudo -i

I've had the same experience. It works really well. It installs programs well, and runs them fine. I can't seem to move or adjust windows, I don't have sound, and I have had to restart after a little while of running too many programs. 
Though, a great thing is being able to install VLC player, insert a portable hard drive (an ntfs formatted drive will require you to run the below code) and then play movies with any frame rate issues.
Code:
sudo apt install ntfs-3g

@bcnaz FYI
(09-13-2020, 12:28 PM)KerryK Wrote: You may need to upgrade it by command line to fix some bugs and add some new software:
sudo -i
That tip came in handy today (not used to having access to console on a tablet). I had to do that because the software updater kept crashing (no error) and returning to the window where to open the software updater. Due to the lack of a console/terminal app (which is present by default in UBPorts), I did ctrl+alt+f1 and used apt to install updates, now the problem with the software updater is solved Smile
(09-14-2020, 06:48 AM)bartgrefte Wrote:
(09-13-2020, 12:28 PM)KerryK Wrote: You may need to upgrade it by command line to fix some bugs and add some new software:
sudo -i
That tip came in handy today (not used to having access to console on a tablet). I had to do that because the software updater kept crashing (no error) and returning to the window where to open the software updater. Due to the lack of a console/terminal app (which is present by default in UBPorts), I did ctrl+alt+f1 and used apt to install updates, now the problem with the software updater is solved Smile
FYI: King's Cross is Mobian's terminal app. I bet you have it! Wink Well done though with ctrl-alt-f1!
Has anyone succeeded in getting Sway running on Pinetab Mobian? So far, I've managed to get out of Phosh, by doing `systemctl disable phosh.service', and rebooting. That got me to a console prompt. I then installed Sway, and tried to run it, which resulted in the message `DRM universal planes unsupported'. I know nothing about Wayland, so I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
I wonder when or if there will be modem support included in the PineTab Mobian operating system ?

Of course that will require the extra hardware being supplied from the Pine64 Store.

I am sure this will happen eventually.....

I think it will make a Great Phone as well as tablet !

Anybody have any clues as to the "WHEN"  ?
      LINUX = CHOICES
         **BCnAZ**
               Idea
   Donate to $upport
your favorite OS Team
(09-14-2020, 08:31 AM)KerryK Wrote: FYI: King's Cross is Mobian's terminal app. I bet you have it! Wink Well done though with ctrl-alt-f1!
I thought that was a game, judging from the name I wouldn't have guessed it's a terminal app.
(09-14-2020, 12:46 PM)vmanis Wrote: Has anyone succeeded in getting Sway running on Pinetab Mobian? So far, I've managed to get out of Phosh, by doing `systemctl disable phosh.service', and rebooting. That got me to a console prompt. I then installed Sway, and tried to run it, which resulted in the message `DRM universal planes unsupported'. I know nothing about Wayland, so I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
I've made progress on Sway/Mobian. I thought that it might be a lack of Mesa (OpenGL) packages, so I installed as many as I could find.  Still no joy. Then for some reason I checked libwayland-egl1-mesa. After installing that, Sway started up very nicely. In portrait mode, alas. Fortunately, the wlr-randr command can fix that (wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --transform 270). I don't know what the minimal fix for Sway is, but this got me going.

You should be able to use a similar approach to install other window managers, as long as they support Wayland.

If any folks from the Mobian project are reading this, I'd suggest adding a wiki page on installing and configuring window managers. postmarketOS offers Sway and Plasma Mobile, there may be other popular ones. (And yes, the page should say “at your own risk, we offer no support”.)
(09-15-2020, 11:16 PM)vmanis Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 12:46 PM)vmanis Wrote: Has anyone succeeded in getting Sway running on Pinetab Mobian? So far, I've managed to get out of Phosh, by doing `systemctl disable phosh.service', and rebooting. That got me to a console prompt. I then installed Sway, and tried to run it, which resulted in the message `DRM universal planes unsupported'. I know nothing about Wayland, so I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.
I've made progress on Sway/Mobian. I thought that it might be a lack of Mesa (OpenGL) packages, so I installed as many as I could find.  Still no joy. Then for some reason I checked libwayland-egl1-mesa. After installing that, Sway started up very nicely. In portrait mode, alas. Fortunately, the wlr-randr command can fix that (wlr-randr --output DSI-1 --transform 270). I don't know what the minimal fix for Sway is, but this got me going.

You should be able to use a similar approach to install other window managers, as long as they support Wayland.

If any folks from the Mobian project are reading this, I'd suggest adding a wiki page on installing and configuring window managers. postmarketOS offers Sway and Plasma Mobile, there may be other popular ones. (And yes, the page should say “at your own risk, we offer no support”.)

Would you mind writing a quick guide on getting sway going? I would really like to see a desktop environment on the tablet at the moment.
(09-14-2020, 08:31 AM)KerryK Wrote:
(09-14-2020, 06:48 AM)bartgrefte Wrote:
sudo -i
FYI: King's Cross is Mobian's terminal app. I bet you have it! Wink Well done though with ctrl-alt-f1!
You are joking! 
I never realised that and actually thought it was a really new transport app! Doh!I even went and installed Mate Konsole so I could have a console.
Now I feel really really dim

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PineTab 2 login screen rotation fix chzbacon 11 3,597 03-17-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: mtomaschett
  NixOS on PineTab 2 asonix 3 1,901 02-24-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Evergreen
  [PineTab2] Issues with Mobian Networking Cornelia Xaos 7 2,362 12-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Last Post: Cornelia Xaos
  Mobian Boot Problem rogerwegmann 14 3,377 12-13-2023, 11:04 AM
Last Post: diederik
  Working OS on pinetab RISC-V? user641 3 632 12-13-2023, 08:11 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  Mobian won't boot after ton of updates bartgrefte 11 4,317 12-10-2023, 02:47 AM
Last Post: bartgrefte
  Pinetab 2 as Pinebook Pro replacement Corkonian 4 2,043 08-15-2023, 11:22 AM
Last Post: CadenAnderson
  Software for PineTab-V msm 12 4,264 08-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Last Post: bingch
  Mobian - Phosh frtodd 1 1,174 06-18-2023, 04:51 AM
Last Post: GloriousCoffee
  Arch Linux ARM on PineTab 1 Danct12 25 29,184 06-10-2023, 05:33 PM
Last Post: fxc