pinebook pro tools
pbp-tools: pinebook pro tools
https://github.com/xmixahlx/pbp-tools

tools for system management, hardware acceleration, and wayland environment for the pinebook pro.

desktop:
pbp-install-desktop

system:
pbp-install-ap6256-firmware
pbp-install-postinstall
pbp-install-boot

hwaccel:
pbp-install-alacritty
pbp-install-ffmpeg
pbp-install-gstreamer
pbp-install-jellyfin-kodi
pbp-install-kodi
pbp-install-kodi-inputstream-adaptive
pbp-install-kodi-p8-platform
pbp-install-kodi-platform
pbp-install-libva
pbp-install-libva-utils
pbp-install-libva-v4l2-request
pbp-install-linux
pbp-install-mesa

media:
pbp-install-libcamera
pbp-install-libudfread
pbp-install-pipewire

misc:
pbp-install-fontawesome
pbp-install-libinput
pbp-install-xdg-desktop-portal

wayland:
pbp-install-dmenu-wayland
pbp-install-sway
pbp-install-waybar
pbp-install-wdisplays
pbp-install-wlogout
pbp-install-xdg-desktop-portal-wlr

info:
pbp-info-cpupower
pbp-info-nvme
pbp-info-upower

config:
pbp-config-cpupower
pbp-config-danielt-installer-conversion
pbp-config-nvme-ps
pbp-config-system
pbp-config-systemd

reset:
pbp-reset-emmc
pbp-reset-wireless

notes:
* system management tools borrow manjaro configurations for mainline kernel and mrfixit2001 boot images.
* many scripts have variable override via commandline (ffmpeg, kodi, linux, etc.).
* recommended core hwaccel setup includes, in build order: linux, mesa, ffmpeg, and kodi.
* libudfread is an optional kodi dependency.
* kodi addons include kodi-platform, kodi-p8-platform, jellyfin-kodi and kodi-inputstream-adaptive.
* libva, libva-utils, and libva-v4l2-request are VAAPI related packages that have some use, but are currently less useful due to an ffmpeg bug.
* gstreamer includes v4l2codecs from upstream and VAAPI is enabled, so depends on VAAPI packages.
* alacritty is a GL(ES) enhanced terminal.
* to use sway, first build the sway suite (wlroots, sway, swaybg, swaylock, and swayidle), then optionally dmenu-wayland, waybar, wdisplays, and wlogout.
* fontawesome is an optional dependency of waybar for fancy icons.
* please feel free to modify and adapt to your own distro, and contribute changes or raise issues.
* REVIEW EACH SCRIPT PRIOR TO USAGE.

discussion:
mainline kernel froum thread
mainline hwaccel forum thread
mesa forum thread
kodi forum thread
sway forum thread
danielt's unofficial debian installer forum thread

for those that also have an x86_64 system, i started a similar project here: https://github.com/xmixahlx/nix-tools
i'm also staging temporary debian packages at https://github.com/xmixahlx/debian-packages for now - currently just linux 5.7.3 and 5.8-rc packages.
So I'm running the latest updated Manjaro right now. Are these scripts to install additional stuff? Should I run them all? Or just if/when I have problems with this or that?
designed for use on a debian-based system, with some dependencies on danielt's unofficial debian installer (pbp-update-systempartitions).

manjaro users can ignore the update scripts, and resolve their own dependencies for the build scripts. (the manjaro arm folks have indicated they will make their own packages based on these eventually.)

i've attempted to include the script dependencies in the scripts: ffmpeg-v4l2request depends on linux-hwaccel, kodi depends on linux-hwaccel and ffmpeg, etc.

will add debian dependencies shortly.
added jellyfin-kodi build script
Are you accepting pull requests?

Sanity checking partition sizes/offsets before applying the systempartitions update would be useful.

Alternately, since they're writing to defined offsets in the filesystem, not anything partition specific, just blow the images out at the correct offsets.

Something like this should work more generally, regardless of partition formats (from the script here: https://gitlab.manjaro.org/manjaro-arm/p...sp.install

dd if=idbloader.img of=/dev/mmcblkX seek=64 conv=notrunc
dd if=uboot.img of=/dev/mmcblkX seek=16384 conv=notrunc
dd if=trust.img of=/dev/mmcblkX seek=24576 conv=notrunc
roger that. for debian (unofficial) these are actually partition specific. each file writes to a separate partition. i'm not sure how other distros handle this, and tbh others (manjaro, kali) have had serious uboot problems, so i am inclined to keep it this way, but am happy to be convinced otherwise.

also, happy to accept pull requests. to be honest: i am not a *real* developer and am new to git, so if you are a wizard, please help. Smile
Love the new crossbuild script!
glad it is working well for you!

lots of updates. consolidation, standardizing, and added wayland bits in the git repo.

dependencies are next. if you are on other distros and can help provide those, that would be excellent.
merged linux and linux-crossbuild scripts. cleaned up linux/resources/. added gstreamer script.

i.e. to build 5.7.3 using crossbuild:
CROSSBUILD=yes LINUXPATCH=5.7.3 ./pbp-build-linux

5.8-rc1 doesn't yet have hwaccel patches, but you can build with:
LINUXBASE=5.8 LINUXPATCH=5.8-rc1 HWACCELREL=none ./pbp-build-linux

if you have your own kernel config place in upstream and add KERNELCONFIG=myconfig

gstreamer builds the whole suite using gst-build, including gst-plugins-bad that provides v4l2codecs and a functional h264 v4l2 decoder (i have issues with vp8, although it is supposed to be working.) see for more info:
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/gstreamer...uests/1141
I am trying to understand how hw video accel things work in general. For me it's one big mess to be honest Smile

So maybe I will ask a question - what should I do to enable hw video accel on Firefox or Chromium ?

Thanks for your work @xmixahlx.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Debian on Pinebook Pro u974615 8 441 03-22-2024, 03:57 PM
Last Post: u974615
  Pinebook Pro upgrading from the factory image yamsoup 12 1,111 02-22-2024, 04:02 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Help installing Manjaro on eMMC of Pinebook Pro pine4546464 4 1,912 12-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Last Post: trillobite
  Need Help Recovering Manjaro /boot Contents on Pinebook Pro calinb 6 1,979 12-11-2023, 03:47 AM
Last Post: calinb
  Gentoo on Pinebook Pro RELEASE jannik2099 54 86,612 12-08-2023, 11:25 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Boot Order in Pinebook Pro food 8 992 11-23-2023, 07:37 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX
  PineBook Pro seems to go to deep sleep, but doesn't wake up pogo 11 4,924 08-31-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: TRS-80
  Would a Pinebook Pro be good for a Linux newbie? cassado10 6 1,322 08-08-2023, 04:58 AM
Last Post: moobythegoldensock
  Install deepin OS on pinebook pro wangyukunshan 4 1,422 08-07-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: myself600
  Kali Linux for Pinebook Pro - stuck on the login screen owaspfap 0 606 07-13-2023, 05:21 PM
Last Post: owaspfap