Night Color not working
Exclamation 
I am unable to get the Night Color feature to work at all (using the stock Manjaro KDE that shipped with the recent PBPs). I tell it to activate, try scheduling it, and nothing adjusts the temperature of the display. Is this not possible on the ARM Pinebook Pro?
Donno about Manjaro, but I just tried installing redshift on Debian and it works fine.
The default method (X RANDR) doesn't seem to work, but with -m drm (Adjust gamma ramps with Direct Rendering Manager) it works.

So... try redshift?
(06-10-2020, 10:22 PM)davemaps Wrote: I am unable to get the Night Color feature to work at all (using the stock Manjaro KDE that shipped with the recent PBPs). I tell it to activate, try scheduling it, and nothing adjusts the temperature of the display. Is this not possible on the ARM Pinebook Pro?

Though I don't have the solution to your issue, I can confirm for you that Night Color works on Manjaro. I am able to successfully use it in Gnome.
I also have the same issue, there are two reports on the manjaro forum

1. https://forum.manjaro.org/t/pinebook-pro...ift/146118
  2. https://forum.manjaro.org/t/pinebook-pro...ata/136696

One user suggest this is because the edid data is missing in:

Code:
/sys/devices/platform/display-subsystem/drm/card0/card0-eDP-1/edid

Could someone with a working redshift check if there is any content there.

As far as redshift is concerned something is missing

Code:
❯ redshift -m drm -O 2000
Could not get gamma ramp size for CRTC 0
on graphics card 0, ignoring device.
Could not get gamma ramp size for CRTC 1
on graphics card 0, ignoring device.
I spent quite a while getting Manjaro 20.04 + KDE running on an SD card yesterday so I could test this. It's mostly time-consuming because of the volume of data to be downloaded; 1GB compressed image + ~800MB package updates, over "pandemic" internet that keeps stalling out.

Can confirm that KDE Night Color doesn't do anything, and redshift -m drm gives the error above.

Code:
/sys/devices/platform/display-subsystem/drm/card0/card0-eDP-1/edid

This file is also 0 bytes on MrFixIt Debian+MATE, yet redshift -m drm works here.

---
http://jonls.dk/redshift/
Quote:Known bugs and limitations
* Certain video drivers do not support adjustable gamma ramps. In some cases Redshift will fail with an error message, but other drivers silently ignore adjustments to the gamma ramp.

Looks like an issue with the video driver on both stock Debian & stock Manjaro. Anything trying to affect the gamma through xrandr therefore won't work until that feature is added to the video driver.

You can test this from the command line with xrandr.
$ xrandr --current
to get the display name (e.g. eDP-1), then
$ xrandr --output eDP-1 --gamma red:green:blue
and see if it does nothing.

Gnome uses something called "Wayland", and reading around, I am told,
"Actually no program can support Wayland to change color temperatures except for the compositor."
"GNOME's implementation is tied to the compositor (because of restrictions Wayland puts in place)"
(source)

so Gnome Night Light works on Manjaro because it's doing something completely different.

https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/v4.12/gp...c.drm_crtc

redshift -m drm is erroring out when it sees that gamma_size is <= 1.
The table being that small means that drm does not actually know of a gamma ramp for the device.
My guess is that with the many changes Manjaro made to the direct rendering manager, they ended up disabling gamma correction as something to be re-added in the future.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  USB 3 port not working with Armbian zaius 3 815 11-13-2023, 01:54 PM
Last Post: zaius
  Camera not working with Cheese cypresstwist 1 1,212 08-18-2023, 02:02 AM
Last Post: juliamenendez
  5GHz wifi not working snorwood 11 5,464 01-16-2023, 03:41 PM
Last Post: ehcorn
  Pinebook Pro wifi not working Queliffrel 1 1,282 11-30-2022, 06:30 AM
Last Post: myself600
  Resume from suspend not working after flashing Tow-Boot to SPI xp19375 3 1,927 10-31-2022, 10:14 AM
Last Post: wdt
  Webcam not working in Manjaro with Cheese, but works in Armbian petaramesh 1 1,076 09-30-2022, 10:09 AM
Last Post: crazyquark
  Help with Kali Linux wifi not working but works with Manjaro PineSupporter 2 2,341 08-25-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: Niko
Bug Pinebook Pro NVME stopped working secretagentdude 4 5,354 12-17-2021, 06:23 PM
Last Post: pinemouth
  Working suspend on Manjaro brzegorz 3 5,108 12-03-2021, 01:39 PM
Last Post: rik-shaw
  WORKING Moonlight with FFMpeg on 5.10.11 ShootTheMoon2 2 3,221 11-12-2021, 09:42 PM
Last Post: tblindba