Alternative back covers
The PinePhone features a wonderful back cover, especially if you get a community edition.

The PinePhone's back cover can be taken off, and you can buy a new back cover in the store, however this will be much the same, without the CE logo on it.

One thing I think is special about replaceable back covers, is how you can make a phone more your own, and I think OnePlus did a great job of this back in the OPO, and OP2 days.

You had your default back (Sandstone for the OPO, and I'm not aware of what it was for the OP2), but you could go to the store, and buy a different styled back cover (Black Apricot, Kevlar, Bamboo, Rosewood)

It would be really nice to see different choices of backs, that change the PinePhones look and feel a bit, depending on your tastes.

Video of the OP2 covers
(06-10-2020, 12:30 PM)PhoenixLandPirate Wrote: The PinePhone features a wonderful back cover, especially if you get a community edition.

The PinePhone's back cover can be taken off, and you can buy a new back cover in the store, however this will be much the same, without the CE logo on it.

One thing I think is special about replaceable back covers, is how you can make a phone more your own, and I think OnePlus did a great job of this back in the OPO, and OP2 days.

You had your default back (Sandstone for the OPO, and I'm not aware of what it was for the OP2), but you could go to the store, and buy a different styled back cover (Black Apricot, Kevlar, Bamboo, Rosewood)

It would be really nice to see different choices of backs, that change the PinePhones look and feel a bit, depending on your tastes.

Video of the OP2 covers

As per May blog update:

Quote:Here is our solution: we will sell custom back-covers for smaller projects featuring their logos in the store. We will charge $15 for such a cover, out of which we will donate $10 to the project. The regular plain cover, already available in the store for $5, will obviously remain an option to those who just want a replacement back for their phone. We hope that this will help smaller projects have a chance to grow and thrive.

If you want something even more exotic then grab a 3D printer - the 3D file is in the wiki.
  • ROCKPro64 v2.1 2GB, 16Gb eMMC for rootfs, SX8200Pro 512GB NVMe for /home, HDMI video & sound, Bluetooth keyboard & mouse. Arch (6.2 kernel, Openbox desktop) for general purpose daily PC.
  • PinePhone Pro Explorer Edition, daily driver, rk2aw & U-boot on SPI, Arch/SXMO & Arch/phosh on eMMC
  • PinePhone BraveHeart now v1.2b 3/32Gb, Tow-boot with Arch/SXMO on eMMC

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  3D Printing a Pinephone Back Cover sundog 32 33,971 04-13-2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: dgdimick
  Alternative Compatible Cases for the PinePhone? Trizzle 2 3,373 02-12-2021, 03:57 PM
Last Post: kqlnut
Question Pinephone back plate / case idea for switches bartaco 5 5,845 01-29-2021, 03:34 AM
Last Post: sunburnedpenguin
  Back plate. jbloodwo 2 3,002 01-20-2021, 08:05 AM
Last Post: KC9UDX