Kodi on Android
I have some albums with 5.1 channels encoded to DTS or AC3 file formats, one file per album, with a cue sheet to get track titles and timings. In Kodi I have set "passthrough" for DTS and AC3 files. The signal is transferred to the receiver through S/PDIF, extracted from the HDMI out. So I would think that Kodi does nothing except passing the data directly to the receiver, which does the decoding. The problem is that the music is played back at the wrong speed/pitch, it is too slow. And then the album is cut off too early. DTS files are encoded to 48000 hz, but it seems like Kodi thinks it is 44100 hz. I do get 5.1 channels. There is no problem with CDs ripped at 44100 hz. I have a Raspberry Pi sitting next to it, and the Pi is playing back the files perfectly. So this problem must be specific to either the PINE64 or Kodi for Android. Has anyone else experienced this?
(05-15-2016, 04:49 PM)Jschnee Wrote: i cant even get kodi to play a movie file.  stored on my nas, through addons or locally.  i get a file failed to play. check log error. 
  thoroughly disappointed in this board.  advertised as android being the "show floor" OS and android doesnt even work right. ethernet is unbearably slow, and keyboard support is horrible.  2 different Logitech keyboards would just drop out.  when, keyboard is working i get about 1.5 second lag between key press and it actually registering

I had a similar problem and a setup similar to you (tried to make kodi play videos stored on a different samba host), I had the pine connected to an ethernet gigabit switch and the green led kept blinking and network was slow/unstable. Works fine with a 100mb connection (had to put a 10/100 switch between the pine and the gigabit switch, lol)
I have had zero luck getting 5.1 through HDMI with DTS and Dolby pass through resulting in noise. 
That's with latest android.
Pretty much the same as the raspberry pi does.
Other then that video playback and stereo audio seems to work. Also h265 plays back at 720p haven't tried higher resolutions though.
WiFi is working though is pretty sluggish, 1 gig Ethernet works fine from what I experienced so far.
Cheers
Nick
(06-03-2016, 01:16 AM)niko3d Wrote: I have had zero luck getting 5.1 through HDMI with DTS and Dolby pass through resulting in noise. 
That's with latest android.
Pretty much the same as the raspberry pi does.
Other then that video playback and stereo audio seems to work. Also h265 plays back at 720p haven't tried higher resolutions though.
WiFi is working though is pretty sluggish, 1 gig Ethernet works fine from what I experienced so far.
Cheers
Nick

I never had problems with playback of 5.1 files on the Raspberry Pi. I have tried two versions of Kodi on Pine64. On the installed version I get 5.1 playback with the wrong speed. On the latest beta I get noise. It is the same with the KODI fork SPMC.
im using a small program called auto start to boot the box into kodi when i turn it on, i have netflix too but when using the kodi remote via android and i launch netflix from the kodi addon and it launches the netflix app, i cant control it with the kodi remote or the netflix app, i have to use the mouse , which im trying to avoid, anyone got any good remote suggestions or how to use the kodi remote with it
(06-27-2016, 01:28 PM)stephen0205 Wrote: im using a small program called auto start to boot the box into kodi when i turn it on, i have netflix too but when using the kodi remote via android and i launch netflix from the kodi addon and it launches the netflix app, i cant control it with the kodi remote or the netflix app, i have to use the mouse , which im trying to avoid, anyone got any good remote suggestions or how to use the kodi remote with it

What remote is working for you?  My LED TV remote was working when I had Kodi on my Raspberry Pi, but it doesn't on the Pine.  I also can't bring up the context menu with mouse since right click in Android performs ESC function.  Anyone know how to change this?
Pine64 does not support CEC and so your TV remote will not work... For context menu try long pressing the left mouse key and see if that works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
(07-07-2016, 05:14 AM)pinea64.edison Wrote: Pine64 does not support CEC and so your TV remote will not work... For context menu try long pressing the left mouse key and see if that works.

You can download a remote app to you android phone (if you have one) and control Kodi this was as well.
One example is the app Yatse.  you will need to configure Kodi to enable the remote control.
(07-07-2016, 06:40 AM)gbjensen Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 05:14 AM)pinea64.edison Wrote: Pine64 does not support CEC and so your TV remote will not work... For context menu try long pressing the left mouse key and see if that works.

You can download a remote app to you android phone (if you have one) and control Kodi this was as well.
One example is the app Yatse.  you will need to configure Kodi to enable the remote control.

Yatse only works on KODI but not on android... so you still need additional remote.

I don't know if it works flawlessly, but there is an IR pine64 remote on the shop.

I wonder if similar IR remotes for android TV can work with pine64.... anyone tried that so far?
(07-07-2016, 07:38 AM)gorzany Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 06:40 AM)gbjensen Wrote:

Yatse only works on KODI but not on android... so you still need additional remote.

I don't know if it works flawlessly, but there is an IR pine64 remote on the shop.

I wonder if similar IR remotes for android TV can work with pine64.... anyone tried that so far?
I actually got an Air mouse remote from Amazon and it seems to work well...I am able to use it even for some basic games as well as Kodi.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Android 6.0 Tablet and TV (release candidate, maintained) ayufan 228 381,903 12-29-2020, 01:13 AM
Last Post: firmwarefile
Shocked Remote for Android? liodra 18 29,174 12-23-2020, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Learnincurve
  Adding an accelerometer to Android modsbyus 11 16,534 11-02-2020, 08:12 PM
Last Post: Little_Johnny
  Android Things OS dqvsra 2 6,872 12-03-2019, 09:52 AM
Last Post: hangglider
  Is there another link for Android images? Maalth 3 6,937 10-10-2019, 07:57 AM
Last Post: tophneal
Question Android SDK Oreo NGC6691 2 5,523 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Putting Android 9 RockPro64 source into easier to manage repositories dazza5000 0 3,292 07-15-2019, 08:29 PM
Last Post: dazza5000
  Android 5.1.1 TV (old-stable, no longer maintained) ayufan 194 253,902 03-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Last Post: neosapien
  Issues with SD Card and Running Android Twistedx 0 3,495 02-26-2019, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Twistedx
  Android 7.1 (PINE A64(+)) pineadmin 59 103,819 02-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mmmarcus