LCD not functioning with A64-LTS/SOPINE
I have a SOPINE module on a Baseboard Model A Rev. B that I am trying to get working with a LCD display.  All components have been purchased from PINE64's store, including power supply.

Using Android 5.1.1 I am able to flash an image to a SD card and run it with HDMI output.  The LCD stays blank.  The backlight doesn't even come on.

Using Android 6.0.1, which states that it supports dual display, I am able to run the board just fine with HDMI output.  However, as soon as I plug in the LCD the system won't boot.  The power light comes on for a couple of seconds and then it goes off.  This can be repeated by asserting the power button.  After asserting the power button, the power light comes on for a couple seconds and then shuts off.  It would seem to me that something is forcing the SOPINE to power down when it tries to power the LCD and I'm not convinced that it is hardware related.

My initial thought would be that the LCD is bad.  This theory seems to be disproved when Android 7.1 is loaded on the SD card.

Using the Android 7.1 image for A64-LTS/SOPINE everything, again, works just fine with the HDMI output.  The LCD screen, however, has its backlight turned on during initial bootup and there are a couple of flickers of the screen, but as soon as Android starts the LCD screen is turned off.  I have tried manipulating the uEnv.txt file, but to no avail.

Does anyone else here have experience with a similar setup that you were able to get working?  If so, what image did you use?

I'm not yet convinced that there is something wrong with the LCD, but I am open to the possibility that there is.  The issue that baffles me the most is why it just shuts off when using Android 6.0.1.

If anyone has any insights into why it is behaving in any of the ways listed above I would greatly appreciate hearing them.  Thanks.

Ivon

Messages In This Thread
LCD not functioning with A64-LTS/SOPINE - by icullumber - 03-14-2018, 04:46 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  EMMC with Android on Sopine koekoeboy 1 5,049 05-29-2020, 11:42 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Android 7.1 (SOPINE) pineadmin 5 11,664 12-01-2019, 01:53 PM
Last Post: tllim
  Android 6.0.1 (PINE A64-LTS / SOPINE) pineadmin 4 7,905 12-30-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: wombat
  When will Remix OS be available for sopine? Will. 0 3,217 04-26-2017, 02:25 AM
Last Post: Will.