First sketches for a PineNote UI
Photo 
When the PineNote was announced I immediately started dreaming of what a UI could look like.

In my understanding the use case of the PineNote is so different from the PinePhone that the current GUI initiatives for mobile aren't applicable even if they could be made to work with the hardware. Instead I think the main focus should be reducing input latency as much as humanly possible. One way to do this is to not use gray scale as it (as I've understood it) requires multiple screen updates. Watching similar proprietary products flicker their way through the UI is not what I wish for this device. One alternative to grayscale is using dithering, and I think the screen has enough resolution to make this look good.

To give an example of what this could look like I sketched together two mockups of what a home screen and a note app could look like. They are both in the right resolution and uses only black and white. I've here used the Floyd–Steinberg dithering algorithm.
[Image: home-floyd.png] [Image: notes-floyd.png]

Messages In This Thread
First sketches for a PineNote UI - by 1jss - 08-18-2021, 12:27 AM
RE: First sketches for a PineNote UI - by barray - 08-18-2021, 02:37 AM
RE: First sketches for a PineNote UI - by 1jss - 08-18-2021, 03:58 AM
RE: First sketches for a PineNote UI - by barray - 08-24-2021, 10:39 AM
RE: First sketches for a PineNote UI - by 1jss - 10-13-2021, 01:27 AM
RE: First sketches for a PineNote UI - by barray - 10-13-2021, 03:42 AM
RE: First sketches for a PineNote UI - by 1jss - 10-13-2021, 10:24 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question How to write handwriting note app that not delay in android app for PineNote? wannaphong 0 1,801 10-30-2022, 07:29 AM
Last Post: wannaphong