Baking Pi style Course for Pine64-LTS
Hi Pine community! I'm a newbie and I'm really excited about the projects that people are doing here.

I recently got the Pine64-LTS board and was interested in delving very low-level into how the board works, how to understand the schematics and how to read the Allwinner64 datasheet. I'm interested in the Allwinner64 since I know it's used in the Pinetab and the Pinephone so my knowledge would be transferable. I saw a course

https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/projects/raspbe...orials/os/

And it seemed like something I'd like to try with the pine64-lts. I know the chips and the board are different, but some of the things in the tutorial strike me as very possible to do, for example I should definitely be able to create a bootable image and write it to the SD card on the board and then boot into a baremetal program.

I recognize it may be a lot of work to try to find analogues to every section of this tutorial, but I'd like to give it a shot.

The first problem I was trying to figure out is the exact RAM address of the LED lights on the pine64-LTS. On my board, right next to the USB ports and the reset switches there are two LED lights. I wanted to try flashing them on and off with baremetal assembly code just like in the baking Pi tutorial. I'm struggling to relate the hookup of the Allwinner A64 with the schematics in Pine64-lts to spot exactly where this address is located.

If anybody has some hints or resources for doing this kind of reading I would deeply appreciate any links.

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
Baking Pi style Course for Pine64-LTS - by lscdmore - 04-04-2021, 11:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  which emulator is it possible to install on Pine64 Lts Paulo Capel 0 720 09-11-2022, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Paulo Capel
  really want to use lvds flat screen displays on Pine64/Sopine jjello-53 0 734 08-29-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: jjello-53
  Docker Swarm Cluster with pine64-lts and armbian build tmorin 1 6,437 11-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Last Post: tllim