Hey Guys - what are you running?
So, I've done my share of reading, and it's clear that the H64 PINE models work with far less OS builds than other models. I don't have any fantasies about benchmarking Crysis on these, but they seem like a nice solution for an SBC with good power and features for the price.

My question is, what are folks running? I am thinking that if I can get this running as a NAS type setup, or some other single-function simple server, that I can probably save the RockPro64 I will inevitably get for other tasks (probably a TV-connected Linux machine with a decent GUI though I may get others as well). What are you using these for, and what Distro/OS?

Secondly,
from benchmarks I saw from ayufan, it looks like the H64 actually outperforms the Rock64 - this was based on geekbench scores - and I wouldn't expect the H64 build to be better optimized than the Rock64 build with deemingly far better development engagement. Are you guys seeing similar results? Not that the RockPro64 still seems to be twice as fast as either of these two, and personally I could live with a bunch of original A64 devices (right now I have an a64+ and an OG PINEbook with a PBP and A64-LTS on the way). But I'd love to know if anyone has input on trying different builds, what seems to work well (I'd try a GUI but am an experienced system engineer working in Linux/Unix CLIs for 20+ years), and if there are any gotchas I should know about that maybe aren't super obvious even after a glance through the forums and teh almighty goggles.

Thanks! This community is awesome. I may never develop anything better than maybe some shell scripts but i plan to try, bugtest, support, and maybe offer some script work for anything i get a chance to work with.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs

Messages In This Thread
Hey Guys - what are you running? - by zer0sig - 09-04-2020, 08:05 PM
RE: Hey Guys - what are you running? - by as365n4 - 09-06-2020, 04:58 AM
RE: Hey Guys - what are you running? - by bapound - 09-12-2020, 10:35 AM
RE: Hey Guys - what are you running? - by as365n4 - 09-14-2020, 02:00 AM
RE: Hey Guys - what are you running? - by zer0sig - 09-09-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: Hey Guys - what are you running? - by zer0sig - 09-13-2020, 11:40 AM
RE: Hey Guys - what are you running? - by bapound - 09-15-2020, 04:32 PM