Official Debian support!
hey everyone! I'm running the sid nightlys. Everytime I run an update that triggers an init rebuild I get this message:
Code:
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rockchip/dptx.bin for module rockchipdrm
I'm running headless, and I have a working terminal display. Is this something I should worry about?
(01-25-2022, 03:58 AM)wchouser3 Wrote:
Code:
W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rockchip/dptx.bin for module rockchipdrm
I'm running headless, and I have a working terminal display. Is this something I should worry about?

I doubt it. The module name "rockchipdrm" suggests Direct Rendering Manager, which you won't care about on a headless machine.

You could always install the firmware-misc-nonfree package, though, if you don't mind installing non-free blobs. It looks like it contains the firmware in question, so it might make the message go away.
(01-25-2022, 04:44 AM)foresto Wrote:
(01-25-2022, 03:58 AM)wchouser3 Wrote:
Code:

I doubt it. The module name "rockchipdrm" suggests Direct Rendering Manager, which you won't care about on a headless machine.

You could always install the firmware-misc-nonfree package, though, if you don't mind installing non-free blobs. It looks like it contains the firmware in question, so it might make the message go away.

Ok great. Presumably, the Debian installer just leaves it out when you don't choose a DE.
(03-12-2022, 10:18 AM)ayaanly Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 03:02 PM)Luke Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am very please to let you all know that many of our flagship devices, including key SBCs as well as Pinebook Pro and the Pinebook, now have official Debian support

Thanks for this, Is it the latest version? Can I use it in 2022

admin/mod,
This reply has a modified quote from Luke, instead of pointing to Debian, it points to a possibly malware infected APK for a common messaging app. Reported as spam, may change it to malware - I didn't see a way to point out what was going on, but the Download link was modified to point somewhere else.
------
it doesn't get happy
it doesn't get sad
it just runs programs
(03-17-2022, 07:27 AM)zer0sig Wrote:
(03-12-2022, 10:18 AM)ayaanly Wrote:
(04-26-2020, 03:02 PM)Luke Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am very please to let you all know that many of our flagship devices, including key SBCs as well as Pinebook Pro and the Pinebook, now have official Debian support

Thanks for this, Is it the latest version? Can I use it in 2022

admin/mod,
This reply has a modified quote from Luke, instead of pointing to Debian, it points to a possibly malware infected APK for a common messaging app. Reported as spam, may change it to malware - I didn't see a way to point out what was going on, but the Download link was modified to point somewhere else.

user has been purged as a spammer. thanks for reporting!
Please help, I run the installer from a micro sdcard on my ROCKPro64, complete the installation, press a key to reboot and... blank screen. Nothing. Keyboard and mouse don't light up, no activity. I created the install image via
Code:
zcat firmware.rockpro64-rk3399.img.gz partition.img.gz > complete_image.img
Do I need to have Tow-Boot installed to SPI?

Any help would be appreciated.
(03-22-2022, 01:16 PM)Barugon Wrote: Please help, I run the installer from a micro sdcard on my ROCKPro64, complete the installation, press a key to reboot and... blank screen. Nothing. Keyboard and mouse don't light up, no activity. I created the install image via
Code:

Yes you need either U-Boot or Tow-Boot on your SD-Card/eMMC-Module or SPI as the Debian installer does not install any of these, which results in a blank screen and nothing.

You can do this right after the Debian Installer has finished and you then go back to the shell and can install either of the two. And once you have flashed the bootloader you can reboot the machine.

You can use the link below as guide, but you need to amend the Build-Platform for the RockPro64.
https://github.com/as365n4/update_U-Boot_on_Device
(03-23-2022, 12:27 PM)as365n4 Wrote:
(03-22-2022, 01:16 PM)Barugon Wrote: Please help, I run the installer from a micro sdcard on my ROCKPro64, complete the installation, press a key to reboot and... blank screen. Nothing. Keyboard and mouse don't light up, no activity. I created the install image via
Code:

Yes you need either U-Boot or Tow-Boot on your SD-Card/eMMC-Module or SPI as the Debian installer does not install any of these, which results in a blank screen and nothing.

You can do this right after the Debian Installer has finished and you then go back to the shell and can install either of the two. And once you have flashed the bootloader you can reboot the machine.

You can use the link below as guide, but you need to amend the Build-Platform for the RockPro64.

Thanks.
(03-24-2022, 11:43 PM)Barugon Wrote:
(03-23-2022, 12:27 PM)as365n4 Wrote:
Code:

Thanks.

Hi all, new RockPro64 user here. I have the same problem as Barugon. At the end of the Debian install, I can drop to a shell, but it's limited. Commands like apt are "not found", so I can't follow the steps in the link. Any pointers, please? The shell says BusyBox v1.30.1 built-in shell (ash).
Looks like the newer bookworm debian installer for the rockpro64 isn't working properly :-( . I can write it and boot from it OK, but problems occcur at the partition disks section.

The installer shows errors during the partition disks phase of the installer; they are

* Software RAID not avaliable
* Current kernel dosen't support logical volume manager - load lvm-mod module

Also during partitioning the installer can't get past mounting the root filesystem after formatting - I get this error message:

"The attempt to mount a filesystem with type ext4 in mmc/sd card 3 partition 2 mmcblk2p2 at / failed".

Unfortunatly I cannot get past that point at all regardless of what is selected (guided install, largest free space or manual)

ljones

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  official support for aarch64 in OpenArena Opvolger 0 1,484 03-24-2022, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Opvolger
  Fedora 32 Release, improved support for Rock(Pro)64 Tharadash 2 5,764 05-05-2020, 08:37 AM
Last Post: zer0sig
  Kickstarter: Allwinner VPU support in the official Linux kernel xalius 8 14,613 10-03-2019, 03:03 AM
Last Post: bunkerWHz
Exclamation First images with DRM and Mali support for A64 Luke 74 117,689 04-27-2018, 10:22 PM
Last Post: Max11