Stuck on the boot screen...
Well...

I have followed the instructions on the wiki, watched a few YouTube videos...

When I boot the RemixOS it stays on a screen showing the Pine logo and "PINE 64", it stays on this screen until I turn it off, the longest time on being 80 minutes.

Also the screen should be white in the background, but my screen is green!

I only have the monitor and power supply connected, I am using 2.1A USB charger, but I have tried another 5!

I have tried 4 USB cables, one about 15cm, so very short.

I have tried 2 SD cards.

I have several Raspberry Pi boards running well, an UDOO board, several Arduinos, and various other dev boards, but I can’t seem to get this Pine to work!!
(04-06-2016, 02:39 PM)PainOfPine Wrote: Well...

When I boot the RemixOS it stays on a screen showing the Pine logo and "PINE 64", it stays on this screen until I turn it off, the longest time on being 80 minutes.

I only have the monitor and power supply connected, I am using 2.1A USB charger, but I have tried another 5!

I have tried 2 SD cards.

I have several Raspberry Pi boards running well, an UDOO board, several Arduinos, and various other dev boards, but I can’t seem to get this Pine to work!!

Remix OS currently has boot up issue in Pine A64 2GB board due to Ethernet DMA memory panic issue and they are fixing it. The issuer should be role out soon.
(04-06-2016, 02:39 PM)PainOfPine Wrote: Also the screen should be white in the background, but my screen is green!

There are other users having issues with pink/green hues on their screen, and it was fixed by changing their color setting from RGB to YPbPr, which was for fixing the pink hue. For the green hue, i would just go into your monitor/TV settings and play around with the color settings. Let me know if your green tint issue is fixed by this method.
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
Quote:Remix OS currently has boot up issue in Pine A64 2GB board due to Ethernet DMA memory panic issue and they are fixing it. The issuer should be role out soon.

OK, thanks for that info, I tried "arch-pine64-bspkernel-20160304-1-xfce4" and that seemed to work OK. Although I have not plugged the WiFi module on yet, does arch support the WiFi module? (forgot to say I do have the 2GB version).

Quote:There are other users having issues with pink/green hues on their screen, and it was fixed by changing their color setting from RGB to YPbPr, which was for fixing the pink hue. For the green hue, i would just go into your monitor/TV settings and play around with the color settings. Let me know if your green tint issue is fixed by this method.
Yep, thanks, that fixed it, as you said, all I did was change the monitor setting from "RGB" to "YPbPr".

I also had to adjust a zoom setting in the monitor from 20% to 0%. I think this is because I have a Dell E248WFP with a native resolution of 1920x1200, and the Pine is outputting 1920x1080, is there a way of forcing the resolution up to 1920x1200?
Yes there may be a way to change the resolution.

this requires command line and will kill your current desktop session.

press ctrl+alt+f1 to enter commandline

then login and execute these commands one at a time

if you are using a Debian Image run these commands

sudo apt-get install fbset
sudo service lightdm stop
sudo fbset -a -xres 1920  -yres  1200 -vxres 1920  -vyres  1200
sudo service lightdm start
exit

if you are using a Arch Image run these commands

sudo pacman -S fbset
exit

then press ctrl+alt+f7 to return desktop

that should set your screen resolution to 1920x1200 hopefully Wink

let me know how that goes
If you like my work be sure to check out my site or wish to donate to the cause

Cheers Big Grin
(04-08-2016, 09:24 AM)lenny.raposo Wrote: Yes there may be a way to change the resolution.

this requires command line and will kill your current desktop session.

press ctrl+alt+f1 to enter commandline

then login and execute these commands one at a time

if you are using a Debian Image run these commands

sudo apt-get install fbset
exit

if you are using a Arch Image run these commands

sudo pacman -S fbset
exit

then press ctrl+alt+f7 to return desktop

that should set your screen resolution to 1920x1200 hopefully Wink

let me know how that goes

Hi, thanks for the assistance,

# sudo pacman -S fbset

fbset installed ok

# sudo service lightdm stop

I got the following error:- sudo: service: command not found

# sudo fbset -a -xres 1920  -yres  1200 -vxres 1920  -vyres  1200

This just showed the fbset usage commands

# sudo fbset -a -xres 1920
# sudo fbset -a -yres  1200
# sudo fbset -a -vxres 1920
# sudo fbset -a -vyres  1200

running as above seemed to work, but returning to the desktop showed no change, I assume this is because the 2nd command did not work and stop the service.

running fbset before and after did show the resolution settings had changed to the ones I entered (but the actual screen is still at 1920 x 1080)

before:- 
geometry 1920 1080 1920 2160 32
timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24

after:-
geometry 1920 1200 1920 1200 32
timings 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
rgba 8/16,8/8,8/0,8/24

I find it a bit odd that 2160 is there before making any changes.

Any suggestions welcome Smile
(04-06-2016, 04:14 PM)tllim Wrote:
(04-06-2016, 02:39 PM)PainOfPine Wrote: Well...

I have tried 2 SD cards.

Remix OS currently has boot up issue in Pine A64 2GB board due to Ethernet DMA memory panic issue and they are fixing it. The issuer should be role out soon.

is this only me, or currently pine64 is in pre alpha state. i even have difficult time with registering on forum. i think it shouldnt be shipped in this condition

Our systems detect that you may be a spammer and therefore you have been denied registration. Registration must take a minimum time of 30 seconds to prevent automated signups, you registered in 27 seconds. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the Administrator.  Dodgy
(04-27-2016, 08:44 PM)piahoo Wrote: Our systems detect that you may be a spammer and therefore you have been denied registration. Registration must take a minimum time of 30 seconds to prevent automated signups, you registered in 27 seconds. If you feel this is a mistake, please contact the Administrator.  Dodgy

I'm sure you can understand a forum trying to avoid bot accounts. Sorry about your issue, you just type really quick Smile

As for the Pine64 being in a pre-alpha state, you're pretty correct on that point. For some users, it works great, for others it doesn't work at all! Just remember that this was a Kickstarter that aimed for less than $35k to get on our feet. We didn't expect millions of dollars in backers to happen, so our current board that was intended to get us going, (for devs, etc), was given out to tens of thousands of consumers.

There will be issues, but we're all here to help on the forums Smile
If I've helped you with something, please leave a rating for my responses.
OK i had the same issue. But i succeeded using the dd method for remixos. I have a 2gb pine64 model and booted up without ethernet or keyboard 1st and it was fine... then connected airmouse and ethernet and rebooted and was all ok after that. Hope it helps

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stuck to sleep mode pinecil v2 lilibit 3 912 12-11-2023, 04:18 PM
Last Post: lilibit
  Boot Ox64 after SPI Flash IC replacement kotnitro 1 1,059 05-26-2023, 02:19 AM
Last Post: kotnitro
  Star64 first boot (and success) bortzmeyer 1 1,494 05-24-2023, 02:45 AM
Last Post: draintroup
Exclamation Quartz64 model a wont boot AndyNZAUS 0 1,487 09-13-2022, 06:35 AM
Last Post: AndyNZAUS
  Maximum size of boot MicroSD for RockPro64 and Pinebook Pro commiecam 0 1,648 08-07-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: commiecam
  How to boot from SD card on pinebook pro linux123 3 5,954 12-02-2020, 10:29 AM
Last Post: linux123
Lightbulb Live boot with persistence? r00tn3rd 1 3,174 10-23-2020, 01:30 AM
Last Post: HotChocolate
  Occasional boot toiny 0 2,104 10-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: toiny
  SD Card boot - trying out OS Baconomics 1 4,290 06-19-2020, 06:58 AM
Last Post: tophneal
  7" LCD Touch Screen Panel IanJames 0 2,017 04-01-2020, 04:40 PM
Last Post: IanJames