Lego Case
Tarjei85: great comm tower.
MrWizerd: great cooling tower.

It's like we have this basic form around the board and then we can apply modules to, as we see fit. I'll definitely keep using a Lego case.

Pine 64 2GB - Remix OS  - HP wireless keyboard = Working - PS3 controller with USB = Working
(05-14-2016, 06:17 PM)JPCRamos Wrote: Tarjei85: great comm tower.
MrWizerd: great cooling tower.

It's like we have this basic form around the board and then we can apply modules to, as we see fit. I'll definitely keep using a Lego case.

Thank you.
Will post some new images tomorrow (8-10h from now) with the latest modifications. Added some details to the vent-hole in the top and also added venting underneath as well as fitted heatsinks on the ram-chips on the underside o the Pine
Yes, thank you, and while I was thinking about access to the Pi Header I decided that since it was a 40 pin header that I would use an old IDE cable, and initially I used an E-IDE Cable which is NOT ok, it will short something, and while I am sure I could figure out what and or why, my initial guess is that there are pins that are sharing wires... but not positive.   ANYWAYS I found another actual 40 pin connector and I rebuilt the cable and this is the result of both the rebuilt cable and my thought on a way to access the header while inside a lego case.  I suppose I could have made this shorter but LESS is not always more like Tarj said.
[Image: czgf4M3.jpg]
[Image: DKBJGTB.jpg]
[Image: WhsKICl.jpg]
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~
(05-16-2016, 12:19 AM)MrWizerd Wrote: Yes, thank you, and while I was thinking about access to the Pi Header I decided that since it was a 40 pin header that I would use an old IDE cable, and initially I used an E-IDE Cable which is NOT ok, it will short something, and while I am sure I could figure out what and or why, my initial guess is that there are pins that are sharing wires... but not positive.   ANYWAYS I found another actual 40 pin connector and I rebuilt the cable and this is the result of both the rebuilt cable and my thought on a way to access the header while inside a lego case.  I suppose I could have made this shorter but LESS is not always more like Tarj said.
[Image: czgf4M3.jpg]
[Image: DKBJGTB.jpg]
[Image: WhsKICl.jpg]

That looks awsome.
Great work.

This idea with modules is just perfect...
Myself I'm working on adding a stereo LED VU-meter to my Pine. Why? Well... Just because I can Wink

Here is the images of the VU-tower for the Pine as well as the rebuild of the vent hole Wink

What OS are you running Tarjei, and how are you going to address the leds¿ I actually have some rectangular LEDs I got for another project as a fan meter, well more of an indication of the fan speed by way of extrapolating the pwm signal into a voltage that is then used to determine how many LED a to illuminate, at least that's how I think it will be programmed, I c don't know enough about programming to do more than hello world these days.
Little beats big when little is smart. First with the head, then with the heart.  P.K. ~Power of One~
(05-16-2016, 01:31 AM)MrWizerd Wrote: What OS are you running Tarjei, and how are you going to address the leds¿ I actually have some rectangular LEDs I got for another project as a fan meter, well more of an indication of the fan speed by way of extrapolating the pwm signal into a voltage that is then used to determine how many LED a to illuminate, at least that's how I think it will be programmed, I c don't know enough about programming to do more than hello world these days.

Just built the constructions together. uses some cheap LED Vumeters from Ali. you can see them in the pictures in my previous post (now updated wit photos).
I just connect it to the audio source from the pine...

Currently I'm running 2016050 Android 5.1.1 Rooted PhoenixCard image.
here is the Pine combined with the VU-meter. All built into casings of Lego. (Pine and VU-meter are seperate parts. The Pine just rests on top of the controll-unit of the VU-meter).

Wait, wait, hold up, this is the part where I call you a tease!!! You have built this awesome UV Tower, DUAL tower no doubt, and I see that you said it is connected to the audio out but its NOT connected to the head phone jack, and you did NOT show the connection... AND you have a second board under the Pine and didn't show that, OR what it is doing!!! TEASE!!!! I swear you did it on purpose to make me ask! HAHAHAHAHAHA So make with the photos and explanation, that looks freaking sweet! My guess is maybe your plugged in to the Euler header? I see there is an earoutp on pin 31 but I don't know for sure that it is an audio output.

I am trying to figure out how to access these headers inside of android/ubuntu and have not found much guide for it... AT ALL really.

Ok, now I am done calling you out, haha, So looking at that did you leave the electronix portion of the towers open on purpose? I see that they are not perfectly centered in terms of the Legos so it may not function to close them in all the way... unless you used transparent/translucent blocks... did you think of something like that at all? I have several ideas that would make sure the light from the LEDs didn't bleed up through the other pieces... If your interested I could model it up on the Lego cad program...

I really like it, but darn you for being a tease! OH and not to mention you didnt link the UV parts! Is the wireing on them factory or did you do that?! Now I know I have to wait until probably late tonight well.... very early in the morning tomorrow most likely before finding out! Unless your a night owl.... HA I will pay you back for this one! hahahahaha
(05-16-2016, 02:06 PM)MrWizerd Wrote: Wait, wait, hold up, this is the part where I call you a tease!!!   You have built this awesome UV Tower, DUAL tower no doubt, and I see that you said it is connected to the audio out but its NOT connected to the head phone jack,  and you did NOT show the connection...  AND you have a second board under the Pine and didn't show that, OR what it is doing!!!  TEASE!!!! I swear you did it on purpose to make me ask! HAHAHAHAHAHA   So make with the photos and explanation, that looks freaking sweet!  My guess is maybe your plugged in to the Euler header?  I see there is an earoutp on pin 31 but I don't know for sure that it is an audio output.

I am trying to figure out how to access these headers inside of android/ubuntu and have not found much guide for it... AT ALL really.  

Ok, now I am done calling you out, haha, So looking at that did you leave the electronix portion of the towers open on purpose?  I see that they are not perfectly centered in terms of the Legos so it may not function to close them in all the way... unless you used transparent/translucent blocks...  did you think of something like that at all?  I have several ideas that would make sure the light from the LEDs didn't bleed up through the other pieces...  If your interested I could model it up on the Lego cad program...

I really like it, but darn you for being a tease! OH and not to mention you didnt link the UV parts! Is the wireing on them factory or did you do that?!  Now I know I have to wait until probably late tonight well....  very early in the morning tomorrow most likely before finding out!  Unless your a night owl....   HA I will pay you  back for this one! hahahahaha

Well good evening to you too Wink
in advance; sorry for any typos. have been watching a movie and enjoying a nice bottle of wine Wink

Sorry for the lack of linking and description of the VU towers. Didn't mean to be a tease, but then again, why not Tongue

The VU-meters are complete from the seller (not much geek there) and they are found here...
The control unit is just simply hot wired into the two buttons on the VU-meter (sensitivity and program) and also connected so I control both sides at the same time with the same buttons.

The control unit is simply power in (micro USB), line in/line out (2x3.5mm jack connectors) and a IR receiver (not connected yet) that can receive IR signal from a remote to control the VU's.

I have built in the boards now and this is how it looks Wink

When it comes to connecting the audio signals I must admit I have cheated Wink

The Pine is connected to my stereo with HDMI, and the VU-towers gets the audio source from the amp. NOT from the Pine directly.
Sorry to disappoint you.

As a last statement; I do know the VU-towers looks like a rainbow on LSD but then again thats the Legos I had available.
I built one from a wide variety of the shoddy Lego my nephews have dumped at my Mother-in-law's house. Took me a couple of hours to dig out the bricks to make a box with a lid for the Pine. I'll assemble the box and the Pine tomorrow night, and we'll see if I have to move the lid around.
I'd nearly forgotten how fun it is to geek out with legos. My wife didn't understand it at all, but she's not into computers or Lego, so I can't blame her for thinking he husband is a big kid sometimes. Dad of the year award incoming when I get Emulation Station and the controllers hooked up to the pine and then to the 50" TV, though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Big Grin Super Mario case [NOW WITH UPDATED STL-FILE (April 27.)] Tarjei85 37 63,960 07-23-2020, 05:31 AM
Last Post: devendraraju
  Made a case for the Pine64 with Audio DAC installed kodachrome 1 3,940 11-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Last Post: xalius
  playbox case ribbon cable too short pinoosh 7 12,218 02-22-2019, 03:24 AM
Last Post: GaryFunk
  Clear case PIne 64 with VESA100 LIPO , RTC holder, and mini fan holes killor 6 11,476 08-05-2017, 07:15 AM
Last Post: killor
  New Pine 64 Screen Case from C4Labs Dustin_C4Labs 11 18,897 07-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Last Post: tllim
  A case with active cooling for 1Gb pine64 ishwest 5 9,983 06-28-2017, 04:05 AM
Last Post: ishwest
  Acrylic case with Lipo Holder and 2 Tactile push button included killor 9 12,959 10-24-2016, 08:18 AM
Last Post: killor
  Pine64 Layer case modmypi 2 5,276 10-04-2016, 02:45 AM
Last Post: modmypi
Photo Weatherproof case build ltorsini 10 29,331 10-02-2016, 10:49 PM
Last Post: ltorsini
  Playbox case orderable? schindlb 8 13,533 10-02-2016, 08:20 AM
Last Post: schindlb