SoPine Photo Blog

This is the SoPine board running an hdmi version of Android 5.1. I have had this sopine running as my primary play-desk for several weeks now preparing to run a flavor of gentoo linux on it shortly;  boxed in an ABS server box. 

I have powered the board via euler bus and PI filter. I am using an older Samsung monitor for this play-desk so I am using the hdmi-->vga adapter ( provided by the Pine store ) , a logitech keyboard K400r with trackpad, and the OpenHour IR controller for screen | mouse  controls.

Note:  the heatsink covers both the gpu|cpu (A64) and the new RAM chip which is a layered technology containing 2G of RAM on a single chip !  I'm using passive cooling here; however, will have a fan in the ABS case once I get gnu+linux running on the sodimm module. 

All is good.  The only negative at all is that the SD card cannot be swapped out without removing the sodimm module from the mother board.  

Again I'm using machine screws for supports; and the lipo battery from the Pine store;  U.S. only.

marcushh777    Cool

please join us for a chat @  irc.pine64.xyz:6667   or ssl  irc.pine64.xyz:6697

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )

... has been a fun little board.
marcushh777    Cool

( I regret that I am not able to respond to personal messages;  let's meet on irc! )
TL dropped me some info about the board and module some weeks ago, and it's really fun to see how the Pine project is evolving into an array of maker-friendly products. I'd had loved to play with the SOPine board, but at the moment I don't even have time to spare for programming and soldering one of my arduino-projects. Sad

Thankfully, the holidays are coming soon.
(12-08-2016, 02:16 AM)CaptainZalo Wrote: TL dropped me some info about the board and module some weeks ago, and it's really fun to see how the Pine project is evolving into an array of maker-friendly products. I'd had loved to play with the SOPine board, but at the moment I don't even have time to spare for programming and soldering one of my arduino-projects. Sad

Thankfully, the holidays are coming soon.

So true! I'm wondering myself if I'm going to make it for a project or two I have ear-marked as Christmas presents... uni and life just keep getting in the way! Undecided
I'd love to see somebody make a motherboard that same size, but instead of having all the GPIO's and stuff, it would have 4 SODIMM sockets, so that you could plug in 4 SOPINE's into it, and it would cross connect their UART's together so that they could all communicate with each other at high speeds. 16 cores of CPU power in one compact package would be a sweet setup.
(12-08-2016, 05:54 PM)psychedup Wrote: I'd love to see somebody make a motherboard that same size, but instead of having all the GPIO's and stuff, it would have 4 SODIMM sockets, so that you could plug in 4 SOPINE's into it, and it would cross connect their UART's together so that they could all communicate with each other at high speeds. 16 cores of CPU power in one compact package would be a sweet setup.

aaah,  a four node cluster on a single board !  haha--   I love it !

...   go for it ;   that is the whole point of the sodimm module.  You design the board you want, and then plug the sodimm into that ;  voila !

Big Grin
marcushh777    Cool

(12-08-2016, 06:28 PM)MarkHaysHarris777 Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 05:54 PM)psychedup Wrote: I'd love to see somebody make a motherboard that same size, but instead of having all the GPIO's and stuff, it would have 4 SODIMM sockets, so that you could plug in 4 SOPINE's into it, and it would cross connect their UART's together so that they could all communicate with each other at high speeds. 16 cores of CPU power in one compact package would be a sweet setup.

aaah,  a four node cluster on a single board !  haha--   I love it !

...   go for it ;   that is the whole point of the sodimm module.  You design the board you want, and then plug the sodimm into that ;  voila !

Big Grin

There will be a cluster board that supports 7 SoPine modules with gigabit switch integrated. The prototype should be completed on January 2017.
i'm curious if any improvements to the battery charging circuit have been made . particularly the time it takes to fully charge the battery.??
(12-15-2016, 05:19 PM)dkryder Wrote: i'm curious if any improvements to the battery charging circuit have been made . particularly the time it takes to fully charge the battery.??

There us no improvement is need for battery charging circuit which is control under PMU (Power Management Unit). For your question, my guess is need to change the charging characteristic via software.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  really want to use lvds flat screen displays on Pine64/Sopine jjello-53 0 734 08-29-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: jjello-53