Ham RAdio
While I'm still waiting for my KS board, I haven't given much thought to the amateur radio use? I'll pay a little more attention to the thread to see what others are planning. Share what you can and maybe we'll get a separate forum section?

RichC
K4RDC
--
Backer number #17,538  + KS Funded 01/23/2016 + Backerkit CC charged 3/10/2016
Backerkit STATUS: Ready to Ship, No Tracking Number, Not Received
I got three 2 GB boards and hope to use one as a standalone SDR unit, with the 7" touch panel display and PlayBox enclosure (when I receive it, last item I am waiting for).

John N2LCX
No plans for the Pine that are amateur radio related, but this thread does remind me, once again, how I have no time for all my hobbies...past and present. Its been a good 25 years since I've been really active on any bands. Still an interest, just no time.. Sad

It did, however, make me remember how a couple friends and I had this same discussion when we purchased Timex/Sinclair 1000s about 30+ years ago, i.e., "gee, how could we integrate these into our station setup?.."

Some things never change..

Don AE4DW
(07-04-2016, 12:44 PM)DonFL Wrote: No plans for the Pine that are amateur radio related, but this thread does remind me, once again, how I have no time for all my hobbies...past and present. Its been a good 25 years since I've been really active on any bands. Still an interest, just no time.. Sad

It did, however, make me remember how a couple friends and I had this same discussion when we purchased Timex/Sinclair 1000s about 30+ years ago, i.e., "gee, how could we integrate these into our station setup?.."

Don AE4DW

I too had a TS 1000.  Tried to get it to read code.  No luck

Charles
K5CYA
Great to see yous guys post ! Looking forward to what hams do with this super computer on an index card !

marcus
W0MHH
(07-04-2016, 01:42 PM)ChasFred Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 12:44 PM)DonFL Wrote: No plans for the Pine that are amateur radio related, but this thread does remind me, once again, how I have no time for all my hobbies...past and present. Its been a good 25 years since I've been really active on any bands. Still an interest, just no time.. Sad

Don AE4DW

I too had a TS 1000.  Tried to get it to read code.  No luck

Charles
K5CYA

I did play with a code reader for awhile, more as a "lets see if I can do it" project, as probably 90% of my time spent operating was all CW and so my code speed at the time was pretty solid.

The board I built did ok, not great. If you had machine generated code, such as was sent from W1AW and others, it did fine, once you got the timing adjusted. Since timing was critical, it didn't do well with the inconsistent pace of the typical human operator. My human ear did far better than the TS1000 in those cases.
(12-12-2015, 11:27 AM)ChasFred Wrote: Greetings, Just wondering if there are any Ham Radio operators here with plans to use this with their station operation.

K5CYA

There is an Android App for RF Finder. I have it on my tablet version. It works perfectly.
I am interested in installing WebSDR on my PINE64, any help from GuRu's
I want to run Ham-Pi on it ... tried it, would not boot. Would like to run BPQ packet and EchoLink ... both together. Any suggestions? KK4IB.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Software defined radio SDR phonetic 7 19,917 08-22-2016, 05:06 AM
Last Post: KnReLe
  Ham Radio Repeater rneese 1 3,347 07-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Last Post: ngpacer