motor shield?
have you planned motor shield for3D print or other?
(01-31-2016, 02:19 AM)hazerty Wrote: have you planned motor shield for3D print or other?

Yes, already in our plan and using Geeetech stepper motor driver A4988.
What about motor controller suitable for autonomous 4-wheel robots? Would this shield be suitable for such application or should I rather look for one designed for Raspeberry Pi?
(02-01-2016, 05:36 AM)logrus Wrote: What about motor controller suitable for autonomous 4-wheel robots? Would this shield be suitable for such application or should I rather look for one designed for Raspeberry Pi?

Looking at the data sheet for the A4988: www.allegromicro.com/~/media/Files/Datasheets/A4988-Datasheet.ashx?la=en
I would say no since it is very specifically designed to work with stepper motors.
(01-31-2016, 03:47 PM)tllim Wrote:
(01-31-2016, 02:19 AM)hazerty Wrote: have you planned motor shield for3D print or other?

Is the shield going to be a full on printing controller or just a motor controller?  If its a full controller how many inputs/outputs are there going to be for motors, extruders, heated beds, thermistors and so on.  What firmware would it run for 3d printing?
If you need any help/input on designing such a board just let me know.  I have an extensive background in 3d printing.  Can give you more specifics is needed.   My advise would be try to compete with the SmoothieBoard as that's the best consumer grade board currently available.
(02-02-2016, 08:18 AM)nchapman Wrote:

Is the shield going to be a full on printing controller or just a motor controller?  If its a full controller how many inputs/outputs are there going to be for motors, extruders, heated beds, thermistors and so on.  What firmware would it run for 3d printing?
If you need any help/input on designing such a board just let me know.  I have an extensive background in 3d printing.  Can give you more specifics is needed.   My advise would be try to compete with the SmoothieBoard as that's the best consumer grade board currently available.

I do not know what if any additional circuits they plan on adding to the shield board, but here is some information on the Geeetech board:
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/A...rier_Board

Thanks on the offer and I will ask the engineer that designing motor shield contacting you.
(02-02-2016, 11:52 AM)tllim Wrote:

Thanks on the offer and I will ask the engineer that designing motor shield contacting you.
Can you give us information if its just a motor controller board or more like a full on 3d printer Shield/cape like the CRAMPS for BeagleBone?
(02-02-2016, 01:51 PM)nchapman Wrote:
(02-02-2016, 11:52 AM)tllim Wrote:

Can you give us information if its just a motor controller board or more like a full on 3d printer Shield/cape like the CRAMPS for BeagleBone?

Just a motor controller board.
So it is just a controller for a single stepper motor Sad What about controlling multiple wheel motors? Is such controller also planned?