PinePhone sound issues
Just posting that there are still Pinephone Convergence sound issues occurring. Sometimes when making a call the call connects and I can hear the other person but they can not hear me. I have to hang up or they do and then I play with sound settings trying to figure it out. The calls system (Gnome) is erratic, unstable. At one point after this problem I noted that in sound settings there were no data in the fields. This indicates to me a complete crash of sound application. 

I would like to suggest that Calls and Chatty be their own operating system. A dedicated call/text system similar to that of Android type system. I now see that sharing the sound system with the operating system regardless of system is not a great idea. Is it possible to have a dual o.s. ? In my case Arch Linux but separate to Arch a dedicated side by side call / text system that Arch has nothing to do with?
Does that problem also happen with Manjaro or Mobian?
(07-04-2022, 05:15 PM)orbital Wrote: Does that problem also happen with Manjaro or Mobian?

Yes it does. It happens the least in Arch. Whether Manjaro phosh or plasma it occurs. It is an intermittent problem regardless of OS. There are times where a reboot is required and then the problem clears up or resets. In my opinion this is to be expected as the sound system is complicated in that other areas share that application. I have never noticed this in an Android application since the device is dedicated to phone operations whereas the Linux device favours a laptop type environment hence it works well in that area. It will take time to resolve these things.
Sad
I have seen sound issues with calls a lot. I have learned to always check the audio level when I get or make a call.

During a call, press the volume up button.

1) I have seen the output volume at zero. (volume up fixes this one)

2) I have seen the audio device set to "dummy output" (restarting the phone fixes this one)

Device: PinePhone 32G (Not Pro)
(07-05-2022, 06:30 PM)mikehenson Wrote: I have seen sound issues with calls a lot. I have learned to always check the audio level when I get or make a call.

During a call, press the volume up button.

1) I have seen the output volume at zero. (volume up fixes this one)

2) I have seen the audio device set to "dummy output" (restarting the phone fixes this one)

Device: PinePhone 32G (Not Pro)

The pro also has the same issue.
What I have noticed similar to your description is that after a successful call when I check sound settings the 'mic' indicator is frozen. No input sound. To fix that just hit the lock screen in the banner and then log in again. A reboot may not be required. I have also got the 'dummy output' which indicates to me a type of crash. The one that I received the other day was a complete blank sounds settings screen The structure was there but all fields were all blank.   Not even dummy output was present.
Pinephone 32GB
Arch Linux Phosh.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 298 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,058 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,520 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 458 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,936 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 380 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,476 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,595 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,663 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 991 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma