Pinephone Pro LCD and Touchscreen
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well! Yesterday while out for a hike, I managed to drop my pinephone pro which has led to the screen looking like a spider's web. The screen doesn't turn on so I assume I managed to break both the touchscreen and the LCD. 

Looking at the wiki it doesn't appear the OG Pinephone and the Pro version use the same screen (I may have ready it wrong), I am curious if anyone knows when the LCD might be available to order since it appears only the OG Pinephone LCD is available on the store. 

I appreciate any help in this.

Regards,

Gj
(05-15-2022, 11:12 AM)Hobgoblin Wrote: Hi Everyone,

…..
Looking at the wiki it doesn't appear the OG Pinephone and the Pro version use the same screen (I may have ready it wrong), I am curious if anyone knows when the LCD might be available to order since it appears only the OG Pinephone LCD is available on the store. 
….

You are correct, the two LCD’s are not the same. 
You could email Pine64, and ask them if they have a spare one you could buy - and/or when they will be available.
(05-15-2022, 01:10 PM)Alho Wrote:

…..
….

You are correct, the two LCD’s are not the same. 
You could email Pine64, and ask them if they have a spare one you could buy - and/or when they will be available.

Thank you very much for this. I followed your advice and was told that due to the phone being so new, the screens should be hitting the store next month. Just a waiting game now Smile

I hope you are doing well! Yesterday while out for a hike, I managed to drop my pinephone pro which has led to the screen looking like a spider's web. The screen doesn't turn on so I assume I managed to break both the touchscreen and the LCD. 

Regards,

Gj

I would recommend to open a ticket under support.pine64.org, the support should have some spare parts available even without the part being sold in the store yet.
(05-19-2022, 05:29 AM)fxc Wrote:

Regards,

Gj

I would recommend to open a ticket under support.pine64.org, the support should have some spare parts available even without the part being sold in the store yet.

Hi, 

Thanks for the advice, that is what I ended up doing and they said June. I appreciate the suggestion. Really looking forward to getting the Pro fixed Smile
If I understand it correctly, to remove the frame to replace the screen one needs to remove the "warranty" sticker.

Is there any way to have the replacement done by Pine64?
(04-26-2023, 01:14 PM)saper Wrote: If I understand it correctly, to remove the frame to replace the screen one needs to remove the "warranty" sticker.

Is there any way to have the replacement done by Pine64?

If you don't feel comfortable with doing a screen repair you can ask in the community chat and send it to a community member to do the repair. Shouldn't be too hard, you can check YouTube for how to do it, it's basically the same for the regular PinePhone.
Smile 
Just in case you are uncomfortable with screen replacement i recently replaced my screen and made a video tutorial on in (sort of  Smile ) so if you want, and in urge, i just need to edit that and post on youtube, if still relevant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOeWQ9So4ak

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone only turns on sometimes zvavybir 1 81 Yesterday, 12:19 PM
Last Post: zvavybir
  PinePhone Pro Explorer's edition Qualcomm modem recovery shifras 7 820 03-24-2024, 02:22 PM
Last Post: zetabeta
Question Screen turning off and booting problems with the Pinephone Pro xnZwJR6vys9a2wm7yWE4 0 157 01-16-2024, 02:38 PM
Last Post: xnZwJR6vys9a2wm7yWE4
  Recurrent problems with broken charger chip on the pinephone/pinephone pro keyboard Jite 4 1,034 11-18-2023, 07:25 AM
Last Post: crocspot
Thumbs Up Pinephone Pro + Keyboard for sale Jimmy88 1 574 09-18-2023, 04:13 AM
Last Post: Anperson222
  is it possible to install a pinephone pro mainboard in a pinephone hannescam 7 2,425 08-13-2023, 04:50 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Pinephone pro packet injection for internal wifi chipset covar 1 704 08-13-2023, 04:40 AM
Last Post: fxc
  PinePhone Keyboard won't work. read_kb_reg(PPKB_SYS_CONFIG) needs what? jovval 0 453 07-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Last Post: jovval
Photo My PinePhone Pro does not read the micro SD card at all. tux_life 7 2,389 03-26-2023, 02:55 AM
Last Post: tux_life
  Pinephone Pro Earpiece is not working, need help silverwing 2 1,159 03-25-2023, 11:46 AM
Last Post: UltraBlack_