Wireless charger (QI) not working on PinePhone Pro
Exclamation 
Greetings,

I'm having a problem getting the wireless charging case (https://pine64.com/product/pinephone-pin...d-on-case/) to work with the new PinePhone Pro (Explorer Edition).

When placed on a charger, the phone does not charge (or indicate), and one of my QI charger's LEDs flashes, indicating a problem.

Notes:
- I've bought two separate charging cases and both result in the same problem
- I've tried on three different QI charging pads from different manufacturers, all result in the same problem
- The charging cases work flawlessly on two PinePhones (non-Pro version) on all those chargers

It's a brand new PinePhone Pro with the original software -- is there anything I forgot to follow or have to to in order to get it to work?

Thanks so much in advance, keep up the great work and best regards
-Simon
I can confirm this on both stock distro and mobian with a Samsung EP-PG950, if I were to guess I would guess I would assume the PPP tries to draw too much current from the QI charger back making it power on and off in a loop
Have tried to "echo 450000 > /sys/class/power_supply/rk818-usb/input_current_limit" which is the lowest setting according to the data sheet for the RK818

My QI charger still flashes.
I have the same issue, just received my pro and swapped the back off my original pine phone and Qi charging not working.

I notice the pogo pins appear a few mm's shorter on the pro than the original pinephone. Could they not be reaching the back cover and not making a connection?
(04-09-2022, 07:30 PM)kmsgli Wrote: I have the same issue, just received my pro and swapped the back off my original pine phone and Qi charging not working.

I notice the pogo pins appear a few mm's shorter on the pro than the original pinephone. Could they not be reaching the back cover and not making a connection?

Good point. I cannot make pins longer but I can move "back cover" closer. I have put soft isolation tape between back cover and tape with connectors. Now pins are reaching it and wireless charging is working. however charging speed is poor. I will have to play with this hack more.
(04-19-2022, 08:58 AM)ertizpau Wrote:
(04-09-2022, 07:30 PM)kmsgli Wrote: I have the same issue, just received my pro and swapped the back off my original pine phone and Qi charging not working.

Good point. I cannot make pins longer but I can move "back cover" closer. I have put soft isolation tape between back cover and tape with connectors. Now pins are reaching it and wireless charging is working. however charging speed is poor. I will have to play with this hack more.

If that works then what pine64 has told me that the cpu draws to much power and the Qi charger cant supply is not correct. This seems like it could be fixed with a small adapter plate maybe I will start working on something as well. Keep me posted on what you come up with.
(04-19-2022, 02:55 PM)kmsgli Wrote:
(04-19-2022, 08:58 AM)ertizpau Wrote:

If that works then what pine64 has told me that the cpu draws to much power and the Qi charger cant supply is not correct. This seems like it could be fixed with a small adapter plate maybe I will start working on something as well. Keep me posted on what you come up with.

Interesting find; I managed to get the charger to no longer flash (but light constantly) by putting a few layers of "duct tape" between the pin holder and the back of the case. I'll have to investigate whether charging actually "works" now though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keyboard not working PPP is support broken atm? joshndroid 13 3,104 02-24-2024, 01:59 PM
Last Post: mburns
  The XIT bluetooth folding keyboard can work with the Pinephone Pro mburns 0 221 11-09-2023, 10:57 AM
  Pinephone Pro battery case deedend 2 644 09-25-2023, 06:05 PM
Last Post: deedend
  Fixing the PinePhone Keyboard for the Linux Console mburns 0 441 09-02-2023, 07:48 AM
  Compatible replacement battery for the Pinephone Pro tpoacher 3 3,677 06-01-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: dchang0
  Getting Started with the PinePhone Pro Accessories fxc 0 3,747 04-10-2022, 06:36 AM
Last Post: fxc
  Is the dock for Pinephone compatible with the Pinephone pro? Viengi28 1 1,639 04-08-2022, 10:30 AM
Last Post: pearingron