Soldering eMMC to SoEdge
I bought a few of the SoEdge parts and I wanted to get them booted off soldered eMMC. I did order some eMMCs as well but they havnt arrived. I have a bunch of eMMC that match the footprint and probably the pinout. Im pretty good at solder but is there anything I should know before doing this so I dont kill the module. 

- checking pinout to make sure it matches
- correctly solder
- seems they use FORSEE eMMC, I dont have those parts but I have something similar. 

How about software interfaces? Are they pretty similar across different eMMC parts? 

Any help would be great! Ill post my results.
(08-26-2021, 11:37 AM)einthecorgi2 Wrote: I bought a few of the SoEdge parts and I wanted to get them booted off soldered eMMC. I did order some eMMCs as well but they havnt arrived. I have a bunch of eMMC that match the footprint and probably the pinout. Im pretty good at solder but is there anything I should know before doing this so I dont kill the module. 

- checking pinout to make sure it matches
- correctly solder
- seems they use FORSEE eMMC, I dont have those parts but I have something similar. 

How about software interfaces? Are they pretty similar across different eMMC parts? 

Any help would be great! Ill post my results.

If you manage to solder properly, it will work. Most of the eMMC that have same pin count are pin to pin compatible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SoEdge v. SoPine ian-s-mcb 2 4,782 12-02-2020, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ian-s-mcb