How to use Pinephone as wifi antenna for Pinebook Pro
It has been suggested to me that it is possible to use my Pinephone as a wifi antenna for my Pinebook Pro, but it doesn't work. I have default manjaro on the PBP and PmOS Phosh on the PP. In network manager on the PBP I see 'Wired Connection 1: Connected 0 B/s 0 B/s', the zeroes never change. Please help thanks!
That's one of those questions that sounds deceptively simple but opens a can of worms. It depends exactly what you're trying to achieve, and will probably need some manual configuration and some learning about networking. If that's your sort of thing then please provide more detail.
I dunno, I asked another question a while back on a related subject, and one reply was, to improve Wifi reception, just hook your PP up to your PBP by USB and put the PP in a spot with better reception. They made it sound like it would just work. I mean, if I do, the PBP does automatically register a 'wired connection', but it does seem like some setup is required because it's not actually working
They may just have been assuming you'd be familiar with the necessary manual configuration then. It's one of these things that's not hard when you know how, but assumes a lot of background knowledge to pick the right configuration for your needs, and to get you out of difficulty if things don't go as planned. Differences in how different distros deal with network configuration can complicate it too. If you're interested in learning then it's still an option, if not the easiest one. Other options like wifi extenders, and sticking a USB wifi dongle on the end of a USB extension lead, will probably be quicker and easier.

It sounds like in your situation you want to configure the pinephone as a bridge between its wifi and usb network connections, so that the pinebook appears on the same network as everything else on the wifi. I can't tell you exactly how to do this with PmOS, but I can give you a few pointers if you want to try.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PinePhone - boot from microSD laserpyramid 5 306 03-06-2024, 06:37 PM
Last Post: aular
  Are you using the Pinephone as your daily driver? jro 157 105,162 02-18-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: aular
  2020 PinePhone Manjaro CE EU for sale, name your price astrojuanlu 7 1,525 02-14-2024, 04:51 PM
Last Post: astrojuanlu
  pinephone is not bootble for the box. ijij 1 464 01-19-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: fxc
  Multiple issues with the Pinephone MTXP 12 1,940 12-28-2023, 07:55 AM
Last Post: MTXP
  pinephone repair shop shengchieh 0 384 12-26-2023, 02:42 PM
Last Post: shengchieh
  sudo nano file saving pinephone beta edition CharlesGnarley 4 1,480 12-22-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Kevin Kofler
  Can't get Mobian on PinePhone to recognise USB-C docking bar duncan_bayne 9 6,608 12-04-2023, 02:14 AM
Last Post: Peter Gamma
  Pinephone not booting, always vibrating alexander12 7 4,671 11-22-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Scary Guy
  Pinephone on Verizon chachi 3 993 10-09-2023, 11:26 AM
Last Post: alaraajavamma