What am I doing wrong?
Howdy folks

I've tried for 3 days now to get my Pine64 up and running but it just refuses to work properly.

First I installed the 64gb remix OS version on my 64gb class 10 sandisk, this worked... almost, whenever i ran an application it would crash to a black screen
I tried reinstalling, reformatting etc.. 5 or so times but still fared no better.
Next I attempted to install the more compact phoenix version which didn't even get past the keyboard language option.

Giving up on Remix I tried out Android 
doing the exact same thing but never getting past the 'verifying apps' load screen

My SD card is legit and works with other boards, my cable is perfectly fine and again works with other boards. Even my power supply is rated correctly, having tried 2 that didn't work at all. 

What am I doing wrong? Every time I start up without usb attachments, follow all available online instructions, tried 4 different sd cards and can't get the damn thing to work!

Info:

SD: Sandisk Ultra Class 10 64gb and Samsung Memory 32 GB Evo
Power type: micro usb to usb, connected to a 5v 2.1a UK adapter | UPDATE - also tried NorthPada Mains Charger 5V 2000mA / 2A

OS types tried:

8gb Remix OS (latest) - Written to sd card via Win32DiskManager after being formatted with SDFormatter
64gb Remix OS (latest) - Written to sd card via Win32DiskManager after being formatted with SDFormatter
Phoenix type Remix OS - Written to sd card via Phoenixcard after being formatted with SDFormatter

64gb Android non-rooted (latest) - Written to sd card via Win32DiskManager after being formatted with SDFormatter
64gb Android rooted (latest) - Written to sd card via Win32DiskManager after being formatted with SDFormatter
Phoenix type android - Written to sd card via Phoenixcard after being formatted with SDFormatter

None of the above worked, either giving me black screens or failing to fully boot.
It does sounds perhaps like a power supply issue. 

The official Raspberry Pi 3 power supply works very well. If you didn't mind the expense of trying that, I would suggest getting one. If it still black screens using that then you can probably rule out the PSU as causing the issue.
(06-17-2016, 11:49 AM)Ghost Wrote: It does sounds perhaps like a power supply issue. 

The official Raspberry Pi 3 power supply works very well. If you didn't mind the expense of trying that, I would suggest getting one. If it still black screens using that then you can probably rule out the PSU as causing the issue.

the 2.5a one? or this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M...1D7QSMML32
(06-17-2016, 01:07 PM)Gauloises Wrote:
(06-17-2016, 11:49 AM)Ghost Wrote: It does sounds perhaps like a power supply issue. 

the 2.5a one? or this https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00M...1D7QSMML32

Yes, the 2.5a one. The one in that Amazon link is the earlier RPi2 one, I think. I meant this one:

https://thepihut.com/collections/raspber...wer-supply

The amperage is slightly higher, but more importantly, the voltage is also slightly higher. This helps to mitigate voltage drops.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  wrong launguage install chadace 1 3,978 06-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Last Post: chadace
  No signs of life - what am I doing wrong? bratoff 12 20,482 04-26-2020, 03:50 PM
Last Post: bratoff
  is my eMMC broken or am I wrong? jykeith123 8 10,722 01-25-2018, 10:27 PM
Last Post: jykeith123